Lucid Dreams

Ethan

Looking into her eyes was the hardest thing ever.

The silence only lengthened the time that life seemed suspended between us-making the situation even harder. I hated it.

I couldn't bear seeing her this way...

She looked up at me like I was the only person in the world, and that only shattered my heart into pieces.

She was way too good for me. Way out of my league.

What was I thinking? That I could be the one to make her happy?

That I would bring sunshine to her cloudy days?

And love into her heart?

I loved her too much for that; I knew I couldn't do it.

I would have to let her go...

Someone out there was made for her, and I knew it wasn't me.

It couldn't be me...could it?

The smell of her perfume was driving me crazy, and her green orbs only made what I needed to say harder.

But I had to say it.

Barely had I opened my mouth to speak when...

I shot up out of my bed, heart pounding, still sweating.

Great. Now I'm dreaming about her.

I sat up in my bed,  scratching my bruised knuckles.

My mom had received a phone call from the principal,  stating that I was suspended for a week. Which meant I couldn't go to the dance,  leave the house, or attend school for seven whole days. I sighed,  staring out the window which I had left slightly ajar.

I hadn't spoken to Evelyn in what seemed like forever, and the bond between us had totally disappeared.  I loved her, but I knew what we had had to go.

I couldn't keep hurting her like this. I wasn't who I used to be, and I knew that very well. I didn't deserve her.

It had to end. Our love had to be terminated, and we had to act like it never was there in the first place.

Somehow I had to get to her. I had to make her hate me so she wouldn't come back. I had to make her forget about everything we had....

I had to break her heart once more.