Revenge

Evelyn

I watched the black haired boy clench his fists and shut his eyes.

I knew it was a lot to take in,  and I didn't blame his reaction one bit.  However,  when he suddenly stood up and walked out of the building,  I knew he'd do something he'd regret.

The door quietly shut behind him,  and I stood up,  jogging after him.

My feet crunched in the familiar New York snow,  and my cheeks were flushed from the cold.

I jogged after a now running Ethan who's mind was set on something undeniable.  Something like revenge.

Soon,  I caught up with him,  but it was way too late.

The doorbell had already been rung,  and the sound of footsteps could be heard approaching at a slow,  yet determined pace.

The door clicked open,  revealing a confused - looking Justin.

"Bro,  what the hell are you doing here?  I'm trying to do some calculus here." He said.

Ethan stayed silent,  stretching out his fingers.

Don't do it... Please don't do it...

Suddenly,  there was a loud thud,  and Justin fell to the floor.

I threw my hands over my mouth in shock,  watching as my boyfriend pounded the life out of the poor boy.

"Ethan stop! That's way too far!" I said.

He wasn't listening. 

I watched in horror as Justin's face was punched mercilessly until a man came to the door and pulled Ethan off of him.

"What the hell have you done to my son?!" He said,  kneeling down to a squirming Justin.

"Giving him what he freaking deserves!  Your son's a bastard!" Ethan said.

"This is not right!" I said,  realizing that tears were falling down my cheeks.

Ethan turned to me,  a look of disappointment washing over him.

"Not right?!  You told me yourself that what he did wasn't right!  What the hell are you going on about?!" Ethan said.

I shook my head.  "This is not the guy I fell in love with.  I'm sorry... I... I need to go... "

And with that,  I walked away,  my heart broken into a million pieces.