Passion

Evelyn

I shut my locker and was about to head home when I heard a distinctive voice from somewhere in the empty hall.

"Ev, wait up!"

It was Ethan.

"Hey, you! What's up? Need something?" I asked.

He smiled down at me and said, "Well, actually, I wanted to ask you something."

I cocked my head to the side "Uh, Sure?"

He looked at me for a while and finally mustered up the courage to say, "Do you...want to go to the dance with me? I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to, but I just thought..."

I smiled, taking his hands in mine. "Of course, Ethan. I'd love to."

I leaned up and kissed him. His lips were even softer than I'd ever imagined, and he tasted like strawberries. My lips synchronized with his, and I found myself running a hand through his hair, and giggling uncontrollably.

His arms linked around my waist, sending shivers down my spine at the sudden contact. He backed me up to my locker, and a sudden wave of passion washed over me.

I pulled away, panting a bit. "We should probably stop..."

He nodded, letting go.

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" I said awkwardly.

He smiled, placing his earbuds in. "Sure."

And with that, he walked away, into the beautiful afternoon.