Empty As The Sky | Peter Parker [TH]

You stood on the rooftop, shivering in your pajamas. The dark blue sky was filled with stars and clouds. You stared to at them, smiling and waiting for your Peter to come around.

You heard the gently thud of feet against the rooftop and turned to your right, smiling and seeing him stand up straight on his feet. He tore the mask off of his face.

"I was wondering when you were going to show up," you said to him, turning.

"Sorry, babe," he said, smiling dazzingly. He slowly walked over to you and put his hands on your hips. The wind blew and he shivered. "Jeez, aren't you cold?"

You shrugged.

"You could have waited for me inside, you know," he said, rubbing some warmth back into your sides.

"But this is more romantic, don't you think?" you asked. You wrapped your arms around him and laid your head on his chest, closing your eyes and just basking in the relief that he came home safe again.

"It is romantic," he agreed with a mumble, his chin on your head. He just stood still for a moment, lost in thought.

You thought ridiculously of every Disney couple ever and their romantic moments. Ariel and Eric when he caught her on the beach. John Smith singing If I Never Knew You to Pocahontas. Aladdin showing Jasmine a whole new world. Belle and Beast reading together in the library.

You felt like on of them, too.

"Hey," Peter said softly, "babe?"

You looked up slowly, stars in your eyes as you did so. He took one of your hands and put the other on your waist.

"Wanna dance?" he asked gently.

Your eyebrows furrowed. "Dance?"

"Uh-huh," he said. "Come on, like we are a Disney couple." He smiled adorably and you smiled, too, putting one hand on his shoulder and the other in one of his.

He started to sway you, the breeze catching your hair, whipping it around your face. You melted into a comfortable rhythm and he spun you out gently, pulling you right back in. Once your back hit his chest, he spun faster, locking his hands around your waist. His fingers found your again and he helped you up onto the ledge of the roof.

You weren't scared - not while Peter had you.

You smiled and jumped off, Peter catching your weight like it was nothing. He beamed and spun you fast, making you laugh. Your nose bumped his and he kissed you sweetly, putting you back on your feet.

You were ready for him to spin you again but instead he froze, fingers locked with yours. His eyes focused on your lips and he breathed out.

"___," he said, "I have to ask you something right now."

"What is it?" you asked, still giddy with happiness.

His eyes met yours and he swallowed nervously, and then he was kneeling in front of you.

Your breath hitched in your throat. "What are you doing?"

"I don't have a ring," he choked out, "and I'm sorry. I was taking more shifts at Delmar's to save up, but... but I can't wait." He had tears in his eyes. "Baby... this moment is so right. I love you. I love you endlessly. And this - this is like straight out of a Disney movie, and we both like Disney, so...

"I know I can't give you a life you deserve. I'm too absorbed in Spider-Man and I forget the important stuff sometimes. I can't afford to take you to Walt Disney World and propose to you in front of the castle like you want. You deserve so much more than me, babe - you deserve a stupid ring for this." He shook his head and laughed nervously. "But I can't wait.

"I wake up every morning thinking about how lucky I am to know you. To get to be with you is the biggest blessing in my life. I would take a bullet for you, babe. I just want you to be happy... and I want to make you be happy forever. I want to be with you forever."

You couldn't breathe. You couldn't see. And all the while, you were trying to remember every perfect second of this oh-so-perfect moment.

"What do you say, princess?" he asked. "Do you wanna marry me?"

You choked and nodded. "Yes. I would be so happy to marry you, Peter Parker-" You started to cry. He stood up, crying too, and threw his arms around you. He yanked you to him and kissed you deeply, dipping you. "Peter," you said happily, cupping his face and pulling away.

He gave you a crinkly eyed smile and looked at you lovingly, holding you close. "I love you," he said, "I love you, babe. So much. I'll get you that ring, I promise-"

"It doesn't matter," you said, shaking your head. "It really doesn't." You pressed your lips to his, feeling more like a Disney princess now than ever.

You felt like your love story was right up there with all of the others. Tiana and Naveen dancing under the stars. Anna and Kristoff when Kristoff left her at the castle even when he loved her. Nala and Simba being reunited after all of those years. Snow White and her prince when he searched far and wide just to see her again - even if she was gone. Shang and Mulan when Shang spared Mulan's life. Flynn cutting Rapunzel's hair to save her life. Your love story was all of these but even better.

It was just you and Peter, making the best out of the little you had, and being so happy with it all.