I'm Sorry | Peter Parker [TH]

You loved Mondays specifically because they meant that Peter would be coming over. You lived pretty much alone in Stark Tower; of course your father was there and the occasional Avenger when in need of a home, but ever since the fallout of the Avengers, it had mostly been you and your dad.

At first you were upset when Wanda left and Steve stopped coming around. They were the extended family you never had. Vision was always around, but without Wanda he seemed lost.

So after you spent your day doing schoolwork at the kitchen table, you would take a break and make a snack that was usually a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And always, as the clock ticked by the three, Peter would knock on the door.

You would run to it, leaving the plate with his sandwich on the kitchen counter, and throw open the door before Happy could do it. He would stand there with his backpack slung over one shoulder and a blissful smile on his face.

"Hey," he'd greet.

"Hi," you whispered.

He stepped inside and glanced around nervously. "Mr. Stark around?"

"No," you said softly.

He looked back at you as the door shut. "Good," he said, and his arms wrapped around you. He pulled you up on your tiptoes and swayed slightly, his eyes fluttering shut as your arms wrapped around his neck. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you, too," you said.

Being reduced to seeing your boyfriend only once a week (most of the time) was difficult. Even more difficult was knowing that you had to hide it from your best friend. Your dad.

You knew he would never agree to you having feelings for someone who could very well put you in danger. It was hard enough that he was a target. Because of that, he always kept you safe inside of your home - making it even harder to convince him to let you leave. Making it even harder to see the boy you'd fallen hard for.

You pulled back, sliding your hands down to his forearms. "I made you a snack," you said. "I wasn't sure if you had time to grab a sandwich at Delmar's."

Even though he did, he didn't say. "Yeah, I'm hungry," he said, grinning.

"Okay," you replied, smiling and lacing your fingers with his. You pulled him into the kitchen and he grabbed his plate.

You both stood together in silence, hand in hand, quietly chewing on the sandwiches you had prepared. You poured a glass of milk for Peter and as you did, he placed a single kiss on your cheek.

You blushed and scrunched your nose. "What was that for?"

He pushed a strand of hair out of your face. "You're just cute," he said, shrugging nervously. "I don't know. I just... I really missed you this week."

"Oh. Was it a hard week?" you asked, turning towards him.

"Sort of," he sighed. "I'm a little overwhelmed. And the weekend was too short. I just... I wish I had time with just us, you know? It sucks that I'm over here and I spend most of that time with your dad."

"I know," you said. "But he's got that new suit for you to work on. Maybe after this whole war thing passes..."

Peter hugged you again. You could tell he was on the verge of crumbling. He was too young to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

You kissed the side of his head lightly. Then, trailing your lips across his cheek, planted a kiss on the corner of his mouth. Peter responded and turned his head, moving his mouth against yours.

"What in the - no, no, no."

You and Peter stepped back at once, eyes wide and hearts out of your chests. Your dad walked in, head shaking and hands waving.