I Wouldn't Miss It For The World (Part Two) | Peter Parker [TH]

Flash rarely regretted a decision, and sending Peter Parker that text was definitely something he wouldn't ever regret. He was angry as he watched his little sister trudge into the bathroom, disappear for twenty minutes, then walk out freshly showered and trying to hide the red around her eyes.

You were absolutely heartbroken. It was ridiculous to grieve this much over a boy missing your show, but he was more than a boy. He was Peter, your best friend and crush. You thought he liked you, but apparently he didn't as much as you'd come to believe.

It took all night to humble yourself enough to forgive him. He was just a guy, who was clearly busy with his internship. He could have had an emergency with his aunt or could have gotten sick. It was unfair to assume he just flat out forgot you.

You cried for a while and then dried your tears, comforted yourself with a playlist of cheerful Disney songs (intentionally avoiding the love ones) and curled up in your blankets and pillows, a stuffed animal pressed against your torso.

You fell asleep halfway through I Just Can't Wait To Be King and woke up to Reflection playing on top of your blaring alarm. You shut both of them off and slid out of bed, your heart hurting much less and your body feeling energized.

You walked out of your room and into the kitchen. Flash was at the toaster, drumming his fingers as he waited for his Poptarts to be finished.

"Aw," you complained, voice thick with sleep, "did you take the last pack of chocolate chip ones?"

"Nope," he said. "I opened the strawberry and left you the chocolate chip." His Poptarts popped out of the top and he quickly picked them up and dropped them on the plate. "I, uh, figured you'd need 'em," he mumbled, rubbing some dried drool off his face.

"I'm fine, Flash," you assured him. "But thanks for saving them for me. You're the best," you said, taking the box out of the cabinet. You tore into the pack and took a bite out of an uncooked pastry, smiling as you chewed. "We might have to go to the store today just to pick up some more of these. No way I'm living off of fruit flavored Poptarts for the rest of the week."

Flash smiled. "You're... acting like yourself today," he noted, furrowing his eyebrows. "Have you officially gone absolutely insane?"

"No," you said. "I just... need to move on, I guess. Peter's just a boy." You looked away, not wanting Flash to see the pain in your eyes as you said his name.

"That's the greatest thing I've ever heard you say, kiddo," he said, letting out a laugh of relief. "Come on, finish getting ready so we can get to school."

...

Peter couldn't sit still. From the moment he woke up, he had been forming am apology in his head and typing it out on his phone (only to delete it because how much of a jerk would he be for apologizing over text messages?).

His leg hopped up and down, up and down repeatedly as he sat towards the back of the bus. He acted like a fifteen year old kid with two cups of coffee in his system.

At school, he was already looking for you. You never showed up at a specific time, just whenever Flash brought you.

He waited near your locker while he told Ned the whole story.

"Dude, I was going to go. I had planned it from the moment she said so! But then I caught this guy stealing this lady's bike, then the lady started beating up this other lady that came out of nowhere... it was all a giant mess. I didn't get home until right after it had finished. Flash already threatened me." Peter dropped his face in his hands. "Oh gosh, I know she's going to hate me. How can I stop her from hating me? I can't believe I made her hate me..."