Aren't You A Little Short For Spider-Man? (Part Two) | Peter Parker [TH]

Peter had never felt so lucky. All in one day he had gone to a comic con with his best friend, met his biggest fan - who was also a gorgeous girl that seemed to like him, and left with her number and a plan to meet her both as Spider-Man and as Peter Parker.

The plan was that Peter would hang out with her on Friday. He would teach her how to make web fluid that worked and help improve her gear. Then he would arrange a time for her to meet Spider-Man.

Ned was probably more enthused than even Peter. "Dude, either way here, she's gonna be impressed. I mean, more likely than not, Spidey will impress her because, and no offense, you're just... ya know."

Peter nodded. "Yeah, I get it."

For whatever reason, Peter took what Ned said to heart for as long as he could. But halfway through their first hangout, Peter grew closer and closer to the Spider-Man fan and they made plans for another hang out.

And another.

On and on, Peter found himself somewhere with the girl. At his apartment, at her house, at one of the subway stations that served as the halfway point between them, at the movies, at their favorite restaurants. Day after day, until it no longer became weird to see each other and Spider-Man wasn't a conversation topic anymore.

They were leaving a pizzeria, bellies full of stuffed crust and cinnamon breadsticks. Peter had one hand stuffed in the pocket of his hoodie. The other hand was hanging out in the cold, open just in case she decided to hold it.

"So I finally, finally fixed my Spider-Man suit. Like, I think it's the exact same - if not better than his." She smiled with pride. "If I had spider powers, he might even have some competition."

Peter chuckled. "You think?"

"Oh yeah, definitely," she said.

"I'll be sure to let him know," he said. "Actually, I'll tell him tomorrow morning... right after I tell him to meet you at, uh, the alley by Delmar's at lunch."

She stopped and raised her eyebrows. "Huh?"

"Remember when I took you there? The place where I get the sandwich smushed real flat?" He gestured with his hands.

"No, no, I remember the place," she said. "But... you're going to tell him to meet me?"

"Yeah," Peter said, grinning. "You still wanna meet him, right?"

"I-I mean... y-yeah," she stuttered.

Peter nudged her with his elbow. "What's with the stuttering, huh? Oh my - you got a crush on him or something?" he pressed. Where was this new confidence coming from? He had no idea. Still, he laughed at himself, making her snap her head away from him.

"No, I don't," she scoffed, stepping away from him. "And I don't appreciate you acting like that."

Peter's eyebrows pulled together as she stepped off the curb and looked both ways quickly, attempting to cross the street. He lunged forward and grabbed her by her elbow, pulling her back up to the sidewalk.

"Hey, whoa," he said. "You can't cross there, there's no crosswalk." He tried to bring a smile out of her, but she didn't budge. "Hey. I'm sorry. I was just kidding around. I didn't know it would bother you."

"Yeah, well," She huffed, pulling her arm out of his grasp. "It does."

"Why? I thought you liked him."

"Not like that," she said. "I like... someone else like that." She lifted her eyes up to look at him through thick lashes.

"Who?" Peter asked, a surge of dread washing through him. Of course she liked someone else. He should have listened to Ned. "B-Because whoever he is, I'm sure he likes you too." He swallowed thickly and looked off to the side.