All I Want | Peter Parker [TH]

You were walking down the hallway with your boyfriend, Peter, hand in hand, laughing about May burning her "pre-Thanksgiving-practice turkey". The excitement and eagerness of Thanksgiving break was evident in the high school hallway as everyone hurriedly gathered their things to leave, a week of relaxation and tons of food in mind.

"Oh, guys, there you are!" You and Peter turned your heads to see Ned running towards you. He grinned. "I haven't seen either of you all day. Where were you at lunch?"

"The library," Peter said. "Sorry, dude, but she wanted to get a headstart on studying for that final in ch-"

"Ned," you interrupted, a look of horror on your face. "What at you wearing?" You stared at his t-shirt with disbelieving eyes.

Ned looked down and grabbed the hem of his shirt. He stretched it, smiling at the print of the gingerbread man with its leg broken off. OH SNAP! it read in giant red print, tiny candy canes acting as a border.

"Funny, right?" Ned asked.

"Yeah, for Christmas," you said. "It's not even Thanksgiving yet!"

"So? Thanksgiving is in, like, two days. Plus, there aren't any cool Thanksgiving clothes. It's stupid, anyway. It's, like, pre-Christmas. Who the heck needs that?"

You looked offended. "Thanksgiving is awesome!" you argued. "You get to be reminded of all that you're thankful for."

"Plus there's pie," Peter said. You looked at him, nose crinkled with laughter. He grinned as you laughed into his shoulder. "What? That's important!"

Ned rolled his eyes. "I can think of a million ways Christmas is superior. Sugar and gingerbread cookies. Cakes and pies. Presents. Candy. Parties. Oh, did I also mention presents?"

"You're missing the point," you said.

"Which is..."

Peter shook his head at his friend. "You're completely forgetting Thanksgiving."

Ned smiled. "I'm not the only one." He looked up as Michelle walked over, half of a candy cane hanging out of her mouth.

"What's up?"

You frowned. "Not you, too."

"What?"

"Peter and ___ are mad about me erasing Thanksgiving for extra Christmastime," Ned explained.

"Oh," she said, popping the candy cane out of her mouth. "Have you guys heard the real story of Thanksgiving? It's not as good as you think-"

"Please don't ruin my favorite holiday," you sighed.

She shrugged.

"Thanksgiving can't be your favorite holiday," Ned said. You nodded. "Oh my gosh, how?"

"Um, because I get to spend an entire evening with my family," you said, "and Peter is coming over this year after his dinner with May, and we're going to watch the Charlie Brown special-"

"Which is the only Thanksgiving special out there," Ned pointed out.

You rolled your eyes. "Whatever. I won't tolerate hate towards a day of pie." You looked up at Peter. "Can you walk me home?"

"Of course," he said.

"Thank you," you said. You gave Michelle and Ned hard looks. "Happy Thanksgiving, you two."

Ned stuck his tongue out at you for a second.

Outside, you and Peter made your way down the stairs hand in hand.

"All I want is for someone to appreciate Thanksgiving as much as I do!" you exclaimed.

"You're very protective over Thanksgiving," Peter said. When you hesitated, waiting for him to make a joke, he grinned at you. "No, I think it's cute."

You shrugged. "Well, I have a lot to be thankful for." You squeezed Peter's hand to let him know that it was him you were thankful for.

His cheeks tinged red. "I'm thankful for you, too," he said.

He walked you home, uncaring of the bitter cold and the strong winds. Feeling guilty for making him walk so out of his way, you invited him in for hot chocolate.

He was at the table, sipping his drink. You spooned out some marshmallow fluff on top and then walked to the counter to turn on the radio for some noise. As soon as you plugged in the cord, a station playing Christmas music started to play.

"Ugh! Seriously?" You turned the station.

"Wait, no, turn it back!" Peter exclaimed. "That song is awesome." You glared at him. "What? It's Mariah Carey's best!"

"I'm not going to listen Christmas music in November," you said.

He smirked. "But, ___, baby... all I want for Christmas is you."

You rolled your eyes. "Peter Benjamin Parker-"

...

You had successfully avoided Christmas until the end of Thanksgiving day. Peter had left a few hours ago, your family was napping, and you were relaxing. You only had a handful of days left before you could fully appreciate Christmas. You smiled to yourself, thinking of making Christmas cookies and going ice skating with Peter in the very near future. Plus, there would be tons of shopping for his gift-

Your phone rang from beside you. You picked it up, seeing the screen light up with a picture of Peter you'd taken this summer. You held it to your ear.

"Hey, babe-"

"Come outside," he said.

"Huh?" You glanced out your window. "Peter Parker, are you outside of my house?"

"There's no time, ___," he said, but he was laughing. "C'mon!" He hung up.

You dropped your phone on the couch and walked towards the door, shrugging your coat on and stepping into a pair of boots at the same time.

Peter was outside, making you grin. He was standing on your sidewalk, beaming as his head tilted up towards the dark sky. Snow flurries fell all around him.

"Peter," you laughed, "what are you doing here?"

"It's snowing," he said, as if that explained everything. He walked up to you. "Look, I tried to keep Christmas away, but..." He opened his coat, revealing a Christmas sweater. "It's snowing, ___!"

You laughed. He put his arms around you, drawing you close. With the snow fluttering softly around you, the glitter and gleam of the neighbor's Christmas lights, and the warmth of his minty breath on your face, the moment felt magical.

"Okay," you said. "Screw it, let's celebrate Christmas."

Peter beamed. "Yeah?"

You nodded, tilting your head up to press a kiss to his lips. With your bottom lip brushing his, you whispered, "But all I want for Christmas is you."