Aren't You A Little Short For Spider-Man? (Part One) | Peter Parker [TH]

Ned shrugged his arms into his sand colored robes. He was unable to suppress a smile as he yanked the hood up over his head and tied the strings attached to his waist.

He turned around to face Peter, who was lacing up his boots. He held up a hand, curling his fingers and slumping forward.

"Luke," he said, using his best Yoda voice, "you must complete the training."

Peter looked at Ned, a single curl falling on his forehead. He snorted and stood up, brushing his hands down the front of his costume.

He was dressed Luke Skywalker in his first outfit from A New Hope. It had taken months to put it all together while Ned remained undecided on who he would be until just two weeks before. Now, Ned stood before Peter with a Jedi robe on and green paint smeared across his cheeks and forehead.

"Dude," Ned gushed, "we look sick!"

Peter nodded, grinning ear to ear. It was nearing eight in the morning, so he grabbed his lightsaber and tossed Ned his.

"And we gotta get going if we want to catch our train," he said.

Ned nodded. Together they walked out of Peter's room, feeling cooler than they should decked out in Jedi robes.

Aunt May was waiting by the living room, phone in hand. She gasped happily snapped a picture of the boys as they walked in the room. Flash blinded them both.

"Oops! My bad," she said, turning the flash off.

"May," Peter groaned, blinking.

"Just one picture, boys, and then I'll let you go!" She placed a hand over her heart. "Oh, you both look so handsome!"

"We're gonna miss our train," Peter said.

"Yeah, we've got like ten minutes to get there."

"Okay, okay!" She raised up her hands and angled the camera. Ned stepped close to Peter and put his arm around his shoulder. Both boys grinned and held up their lightsabers. "Ready... smile big!" She snapped the picture. "Oh, have fun, be safe... be home by midnight, okay, Pete?" She kissed him on the head. "Did you grab the twenties I left on your pillow for you?"

"Yeah, May. Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Ned waved as he hurried to the door. "Bye, May!" he called.

"Bye!" she sang out, waving the boys out the door. "I love you!"

"Love you too!" Peter said, shutting the door tight.

Peter and Ned hurried out of the building. Halfway through the lobby, Peter took out his camera and started to film, facing the lens towards him.

"So it's Saturday, seven a.m., rainy as heck outside," he said, stepping outside and squinting against the tiny raindrops that fell from the sky. "And uh... Ned and I are off to comic con! We're pretty pumped. We've been waiting for this day for a long time it seems."

"Are you vlogging?" Ned asked, holding his hood up to protect his painted face.

"Yeah," Peter said. He jerked a thumb at Ned. "Ned is Yoda. He spent hours painting his face like a loser." He looked at his friend and snickered. "Yoda masks are only like six bucks."

"Yeah, but this paint was expensive and freakishly looks like green skin, so," he said. "I think I made the right choice."

Peter rolled his eyes. "Anyway, Ned is Yoda, I'm Luke... and yeah. It's gonna be a fun day." He smiled at the camera before shutting it off until they got to the con.