I Wouldn't Miss It For The World (Part Four) | Peter Parker [TH]

Liz's party ended up being exactly what you needed.

At first you weren't sure you'd have the ability to enjoy the company of a loud crowd. They were drinking, smoking, doing everything you knew better than to do. It was gross and weird, but you felt calm. The atmosphere made you feel alive.

The living room was buzzing with life, the lights dim and the room blue because of the pool lights outside. Flash was standing next to a wall in front of his equipment, his hand pressing his headphones to his ears as he mixed a song.

He took a swig of beer and you sighed. You knew he was responsible, but what was with the desire to drink as a teenager? You sure weren't born with it.

"I thought you said I could pick the song," you complained as he turned on a rap that was mixed with a techno. Your ears hurt.

Flash took off his headphones. "The people love this kind of stuff. Just let me get them all warmed up and then you can hit them with your... I don't know, showtunes."

You stuck your tongue out at him. "I don't play showtunes!" you declared. "But if you insist on my childlike input, I think the Frozen soundtrack would go lovely with this party."

Flash pretended to gag. "Yuck. Keep that garbage out of my way, kiddo!"

You smirked at him. "Let it go, Flash!" you said, then you grinned. "Get it? Also, don't pretend you don't like that song. I know you lip sync to it when I play it in the car."

His cheeks burned red. He tossed an empty beer can at you. "Shut up!"

You giggled and backed away. He smiled and shook his head, sliding his headphones back on as he prepared to switch up the song.

"Hey, I'm gonna go get a Coke," you said, gesturing to the kitchen.

"Make sure it's in a closed can," he said, not looking up from the board in front of him. He picked a new song. "I know there's a group of senior boys lurking around. I don't want them to try anything."

You nodded and didn't attempt to argue. As your big brother, Flash deemed it a necessity to worry about it all; from best friends lying to you to the possibility of a boy slipping something into your drink. You loved that about him the most.

You made your way to the kitchen, pausing to thank Liz for the invite and compliment the party. She insisted you have any of the snacks she prepared in the kitchen. You obliged, taking a plastic cup filled with white cheddar popcorn and a can of Diet Coke.

On your way back to Flash, you had to maneuver your way through the floor that was covered with people dancing. Some of them were just acting plan stupid, hopping on furniture, only to be scolded by Liz. Others were passionately making out against a wall. You scowled. High school was gross.

Someone accidentally tripped over you. You gasped, thanking Flash for insisting you to grab a can instead of pour some soda in a cup. You turned around ready to scold, but it was just Ned.

"Hey," you said. You smiled and gestured to the top of his head. "Nice hat."

"Hi," he said, eyes wide.

You furrowed your eyebrows. "What? Is my lipstick smeared?"

"No," he said. "I-I was just surprised you were talking to me."

"Oh." You shrugged awkwardly. "I think it'd be stupid to be mad at you, I guess. You didn't ask Peter to ditch me, so..."

"No," Ned said. "I didn't."

"Then we're still friends," you assured him, nodding. "Well, I'm going to head back over to Flash. Have fun!"

"Wait," Ned said, grabbing your arm. "I think you really need to hear Peter out-"