Rewrite the Stars (Part Two) | Peter Parker [TH]

To say Peter was distracted was an understatement.

There was something about you - you, the young girl in the clunky armor, with your hair tied up at the top of your head and your face streaked with makeup and sweat - you, with eyes so sad he wondered if you really wanted to be on the team you were on.

You stood next to Tony, strong and silent, eyes on the line of turned heroes before you.

"Gosh, she's cute," Peter muttered softly to himself, craning his neck to look at you. He was distracted as the lines started to move and the fight was starting.

Crap. Crap! C'mon, Peter. Let's not make a fool of ourselves in front of the Avengers, alright?

He did his best (and by best, he really tried to impress you when you were close) but no one was really paying him any special attention.

In fact, you didn't even notice him until the tiny guy grew hundreds of feet taller and dusted Peter off his shoulder easily, sending him spiraling downwards, hitting you and knocking you off your feet.

He landed roughly on his side and skidded across the pavement, groaning as he saw you tumble until you hit your stomach. You grunted and smacked your iron-covered palms on the ground.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" he asked quickly, scrambling to his feet. He ran to your side and hooked his arm under yours. "You're okay, right? I didn't break you?"

"Hardly," you responded, voice short. You let him pull you to your feet and dusted off the front of your suit. "So you're the guy my dad recruited?"

"Yeah- wait. Dad?"

"Tony Stark is my dad," you explained.

"Holy crap," he breathed, and he suddenly knew he was in trouble.

"Okay there, Spider-Boy?"

"Man," he corrected, choking a bit. "Sorry, I just - you're his daughter? I didn't know Tony Stark had a kid."

"Yeah, well, it came as a surprise to all of us," you said. You held up your hands and checked out the armor that covered them.

"Your suit is awesome," he blurted. You wore what looked like an incomplete version of Tony's suit. It covered your arms and legs with bronze, but your torso was simply covered by a black t-shirt that looked like it was made from leather. Instead of a mask, dark makeup circled your eyes and a pair of thick glasses rested on your nose. "It's like... from Star Wars or something."

"Thanks," you said, smiling at him. Your eyes widened with curiosity. "Hey, how old are you-?"

Suddenly, the hairs on Peter's arms stood up. He glanced towards the cloudless blue sky and saw a metal crate barreling down towards where you stood.

"Hey, look ou-" He stepped closer and hooked an arm around your waist. You yelped as he yanked you away, pushing you behind him. He heard you land on the ground before he held up his wrists and webbed the crate up with one and sent a separate web out to catch it and fling it back to where it came from.

He turned his head and reached for the bottom of his mask. He pulled it off and knelt beside you.

"You okay?" he asked.

Silently, with wide eyes that searched his, you nodded.

He held out his hand.

You took it.

...

It was easy to fall in love with you.

It was easy to text you into the middle of the night and never run out of things to say.