You're The Best | Flash Thompson [TR]

You couldn't believe how good of a day you were having. Somehow, all in one morning, you had been surprised with nothing but good news. It started when you stopped at McDonald's for a small coffee. Someone had paid for your drink, letting you leave without having to dig around in your wallet for spare change. You had also managed to get out of running the track in gym, got to spend some rare time with your boyfriend before first period, and had just gotten an A+ on one of your most recent paintings.

You held the canvas protectively in your hands and bit down the grin that threatened to take over your face. Your eyes kept staring at the post it that had your grade on it.

You couldn't wait to show Flash. Your boyfriend was always supportive of your art and was incredibly proud of all you could do. He would be thrilled, and you wouldn't be surprised if he would call it a reason to celebrate with a trip to another five star restaurant.

You were heading to math class as happily as ever. You liked the class solely because you shared it with Flash and you didn't have any other class with him this semester.

You were surprised that he wasn't waiting for you outside the art room like he usually did, but you understood that Flash was incredibly busy all the time. You were fine with walking by yourself.

The halls were unnaturally empty and quiet, but you were in too good of a mood to wonder why. You smiled to yourself up until Michelle Jones stopped you in the hall, a serious look on her face.

"Hey MJ," you greeted.

"I don't know if you were aware, and usually I don't care about these things, but your boyfriend is in the middle of beating a kid down to a bloody pulp."

You nearly dropped your painting. "What?" Your heart sank dropped and you started to run, Michelle directly behind you.

It wasn't hard to find the fight with all the noise. Students were changing "fight, fight, fight!" and crowded around the center with gleaming eyes.

You ran forward and pushed yourself through the crowd, all the while hearing Michelle scream for people to move.

You stopped when you broke through the crowd and saw Flash throwing punches at a senior you didn't know well. You knew his name was Roy and he liked to pick fights when he could.

Clearly, he had done something right to get Flash this worked up.

You gasped in horror as you watched the boys pound their fists against one another's torso. You felt Michelle grab your arm and panic surge through your body.

"Flash!" you cried.

He stopped. His face whipped around and his eyes met yours. All at once, he dropped his fists.

Roy took that to his advantage and pulled his fist all the way back. You screamed as he slammed his knuckles into Flash's cheek, knocking him on the ground and leaving him out cold.

You ran forward and dropped down at his side. You were a little embarassed to be crying like a baby in front of everyone, but seeing Flash lay on the ground, blood trickling out of his mouth and cheek swelling up, made you lose it.

You were grateful when a teacher came by and dragged Roy away. The crowd started to disperse as teachers hurried them off to class.

You remained quiet at Flash's side as the nurse came over to coax him back to consciousness.

...

Hours later, Flash sat on one of the beds in the nurse's office. He swung his legs back and forth and concentrated on the throbbing of his cheek rather than the shaking of his hands.