You're The Spider-Man | Peter Parker [TH]

You laughed lightly, your head falling back, as you rounded the corner of the hallway and stopped at Peter's door, Ned by your side. He grinned as he finished his story, cradling the Lego Death Star in his hands.

You covered your mouth with one hand, giggling into your palm, and knocked against the door with the other. There was a brief pause and then the sound of light footsteps running up to the door. It opened, and you lowered your hands, beaming at the soft brown eyes of Aunt May, your boyfriend's aunt.

"Hi, Aunt May," you said. "Is Peter here?"

"Hey, you two," she said, tilting her head. "No... he isn't. He should be home soon, though. Why don't you come in? You can wait in his room if you want." She looked at the Death Star in Ned's hands. "Aw, how cool!"

"Thanks," he said. "Peter said we'd all finish building this together."

"How sweet," she said. She stepped to the side, waving you in. As you shrugged out of your jacket, she shut the door. "Like I said, you can hang out in his room until he gets back. I'll call him. Hopefully it won't be too long."

"Thanks, May," you said, following Ned to Peter's room.

As you stepped inside, kicking your shoes before getting on his bed, May called up. "Did you guys want snacks?"

"No thanks!" you said. Ned sat down beside you. "You don't think he forgot about us, did you?"

"No way," he said. "This is the Death Star. We've been wanting this thing for months."

"Yeah, but... he forgot to come to my birthday dinner last week," you said, frowning. "I know it slipped his mind but... I worry about him. Tony Stark seriously doesn't cut him any slack."

Ned frowned too, nodding in silent agreement. For the next few seconds, there was nothing but quiet. Then you heard a faint squeaking noise outside the window and, not even half a moment later, heard the glass lift.

Your eyes flew open wide in shock and you looked at Ned, hand grabbing his arm automatically, lips pressed together tight. Both of you thought the exact same thing as you stared at one another, panic stricken.

Peter lived on the seventh floor.

"Oh my gosh," you mouthed, heart dropping all the way to the floor.

You heard the window close and, as you waited for whoever the intruder was to come into view, you sat perfectly still, Ned frigid at your side. You waited. And waited.

Then Ned's eyes flickered to the ceiling and his jaw dropped. You followed his gaze and saw a guy in a red and blue suit crawling across the ceiling. Spider-Man! He stopped at the open door, shot a web at it, and softly closed it. Then he gently lowered himself down to the carpet, his feet hitting the floor with hardly a sound. Softly, he closed the door all the way. He turned around, mask off.

It was Peter.

At the same time his eyes landed on you and Ned, the Death Star slipped out of his hands and crashed loudly against the floor, shattering into a million single pieces again. Your fingers stayed frozen on Ned's arm.

"What was that?" Aunt May called.

"Uh - it was nothing!" Peter said quickly. "Nothing!"

Ned stood up. You remained still, arm slipping from your grasp.

"You're the Spider-Man," he said, voice soft and full of disbelief. "From YouTube."

"I'm not!" he said. He smacked his hand against his chest, hitting the spider emblem that was burning into your eyes. It slipped off his chest and arms, landing on the ground.