Rewrite the Stars (Part Three) | Peter Parker [TH]

Everything was falling apart.

First, your relationship with your father. What was already tense became unbearably uncomfortable - he would give you this sad, yet stern look, and you would look away, and remember what horrible things he had said to Peter and you.

And Peter looked at you like he was lost.

You weren't sure which was worse.

Still, you did your job, cleaning up after the crime of the city, saving people, fighting alongside your dad and team, being the best superhero that New York needed.

You preferred when you were busy, but there were times like tonight, where you had nothing to do but sit in the kitchen with a book and a bunch of snacks. Your stomach hurt from eating, but it was a nice distraction.

Your dad came in with an empty mug. He looked at you sadly. "Did you make coffee?" he asked.

"In the pot," you said, not looking at him. You pressed your nose further in the book.

He silently poured himself a cup of coffee. Then he turned with it, leaning against the counter.

"Sweetheart-"

"Don't," you said harshly, and then, softer: "Please."

"You know why I did what I did," he said. You didn't look at him. "It's just- finding you, meeting you - you're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don't know who I would be if I lost you. And you are in so much danger, kid. If your mom was still around, I'd send you with her."

You sighed.

"Dad-"

And then the entire wall to your right burst into flames, and you fell out of your seat, overcome by the heat and pain.

...

When your eyes opened, you couldn't focus on anything but the ringing in your ears. Everything sounded distant, but at the same time you saw the wall of orange licking up the countertops, it all came in a rush.

You stood up, sucking in a breath to call out for your dad. Instead, you got a mouthful of thick smoke and dropped to your knees, hands around your throat as you heaved and choked until your stomach was empty.

How were you gonna get out of this?

...

Peter ran.

He had felt the uneasiness and heard the buzzing in his head, but when he heard and felt the explosion, he had shattered.

Stark Tower had been hit by a jet. The entire right side was on fire.

He ran to where a crowd had formed. He called out a strained sound of pain as he felt the heat on his face and looked around for someone he knew.

He saw Mr. Stark on the ground, Vision supporting his head, both of them covered in black.

"Mr. Stark," he gasped, falling next to him.

"Kid," Tony said, and then he broke out into a fit of coughs.

Peter looked around. "Where is she?" He couldn't see you. "Where is ___?"

"She's still inside," Vision said.

Peter's stomach filled up with dread. He got on his feet and ran towards the flames, through the shattered glass doors, hopping over a broken panel.

"Kid, no!" Tony cried.

Peter wasn't listening. Tony forced himself up and staggered towards the flames. At the same time, a figure ran out of the building, hoisting a taller man.