Christmas Party | Ned Leeds

Peter tapped his best friend on the back. Before Ned could say hello, Peter was holding his phone up in his face, a virtual invitation blinding him briefly.

"What the heck is this?" Peter demanded. "It's November twentieth and you're having a Christmas party on the twenty fifth? Dude, what's wrong with you? And since when do you want to host a party?"

Ned sighed. Voice hushed, he leaned close to Peter. "Since ___ told me how much she liked Christmas! It was a spur-of-the-moment kind of deal. We were texting, she was talking about how much she looked forward to Christmas, and bam! I was making invitations and sending them to everyone at Midtown."

Peter's mouth dropped open. "Oh my gosh, you're an idiot!" he laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, I know!" Ned sighed loudly. "How about you just help me out?"

"How, dude? You've got, like, five days to put together a Christmas party. And where? You live in an apartment with your mom that's smaller than mine!"

"I know," Ned groaned. He grabbed Peter by his shoulders and shook him. "That's why I need you to convince Tony Stark to let me use his house!"

Peter scoffed. "Okay, first of all, he lives at the Avengers headquarters now. Second of all, he literally just moved in there. And third of all, how am I supposed to convince him to do that?"

"Do anything, Peter, please," Ned pleaded. "Dude, I need to impress her so badly. She's so cute! I want her to be into me. Please, please, please-"

"Ned-"

"Peter, please-!"

Peter shook his head. "Just ask her out, okay?"

"I'm not like you," Ned said. "I'm not a superhero. I don't have a suit in my backpack that could literally get me out of any situation ever! All I have is a dumb hat - which is pretty great sometimes, okay - but jeez, Pete, help me!"

"Dude..."

"Please," Ned said again. He turned his head and watched you walk up to your locker, open it, then stuff your coat inside. You ran your fingers through your hair that was messy from the breeze outside. "I like her so much, Peter. You have no idea."

Peter sighed. "Okay," he decided. "Fine. I'll see what I can do about it, but if I can't-" He closed his eyes and just sighed again. "We'll figure something else out."

"Thank you," Ned breathed.

"Hey, Ned, Peter," you said, happily walking to the two boys. You shyly tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "I saw your invitation this morning. I can't wait! It sounds awesome, and it's so great that it's early in the Christmas season, too." You grinned. "Let me know when it is, okay?"

"Uh-huh," he said. "I-I totally will. We'll have everything figured out pretty soon." He swallowed. "The party is gonna be, like, lit." He fidgeted awkwardly.

"Lit, huh?" you snickered. "Okay. I'll hold you to that. Well, I'll see you. Bye, Peter." You waved and walked off.

Peter tried to hide the laugh that was bubbling out of his throat. He choked on it, bending over as he cackled loudly. Ned dropped his head, face burning, and breathed heavily.

"Please stop," he said.

"I can't," Peter said, wiping tears from his eyes. "I can't, Ned. I can't."

"Then just help me," he said. "Please."

"I'll do what I can, bro, but-" He touched Ned's shoulder. "But honestly... you might be screwed." ...