You Matter To Me (Part Two) | Peter Parker [TH]

You went to school the next day not feeling like yourself.

You hadn't even bothered to put effort in your outfit. You felt so horrible mentally and physically that you put your hair up in a ponytail and threw on a graphic t-shirt and grey sweatpants that were rolled up so you could wear a pair of dirty Keds.

When Heather Chandler saw you, she gasped. "Oh my gosh - you're serious. Who freakin' mugged you last night, babe? Oh. Are you dying?"

You gave a half shrug. You felt nothing but bitterness towards the girl that had ultimately taken over her entire life. The blonde had somehow formed you into another Heather; this time, there was no turning back.

You could feel the label on you. Liz glared at you from her locker; Ned looked like he could spit acid in your direction when you saw him in Chemistry. Michelle even took time out of her excessive reading time in study hall to shred every picture of you she had ever sketch.

You might as well have worn a shirt that said I BROKE PETER PARKER'S HEART across the chest.

The worst part of the day was seeing Peter.

The heartbreak was evident on his face when you saw him in first period. He didn't look hateful like you assumed he would. He looked broken. He looked like he had been through the worst day of his life.

He hadn't replied to your text from the night before. You didn't blame him, but you still wanted him to realize how sorry you were. Even if he couldn't accept your apology, you wanted him to be able to warm up again.

Towards the end of Algebra II, you glanced to your left, where he sat. He was staring at the whiteboard intently, his eyebrows furrowed and his pencil moving against his notebook paper. The teacher was too immersed in her equations to realize you weren't paying attention.

"Peter," you whispered.

He stiffened but did not look at you.

You bit your tongue. You were about to cry because of what you did to this boy. "Peter-"

His head snapped towards you. His eyes were blood red and he looked like he was about to cry, too.

"Peter, I am so-"

He stood up out of his seat, grabbed his backpack and notes, and stormed out of the classroom.

The bell rang. You fell back against your chair and covered your face with your hand. Silent tears streamed down your face.

Heather shoved your shoulder. "Oh. My. Gosh. You're all broken about this Peter thing! Dude, it was a prank. It was funny! Laugh about it."

You uncovered your face. "How would you feel if it were you, Heather?" you snapped.

She laughed. "It wouldn't be me."

Flash sauntered by, draping an arm around her thin shoulders. He chewed on a piece of peppermint gum and winked at you. "She's right," he said. "Heather told me about what you did to Parker. That's brutal, man."

You stood up and grabbed your backpack. Glaring daggers at the both of them, you turned towards the doors and stormed off. Heather groaned and called out your name, but you didn't look back.

...

During sixth period, you skipped and cried in the bathroom. A teacher caught you and demanded to know why you weren't in class. With a teary voice, you lied and said it was just cramps.

You were dabbing your eyes with a paper towel as you left the bathroom. The halls were quickly filling up with kids that were eager to get to their final class of the day.