Chapter 23 : The funny thing about war

Autobot Omega 2
Upon arrival
~~ 3rd P.O.V~~

"After every thing I have done to you. After every scratch and dent your body has taken from our many fights, why is it that you are still hoping that this war will end peacefully?"

He couldn't help it, his curiosity and confusion got the better of him. Megatronus got the better of him. He raised his head to see a rather shocked and also curious Optimus Prime.

"What... What do you mean?" He said almost gravely. Usually, the warlord would laugh and relish in his discomfort, but today He put manners over matters .

And He hated it.

Megatron's past as a warlord, gladiator and miner all blended into one as He looked into the optics of Orion Pax. Optimus Primes wise and steely gaze had left his scarred face. The optics that met Megatron's own were full of concern and consideration.

And secretly, the prime hated it too.

"Come now, Optimus. It is blatantly obvious that you wish to see Cybertrons lands restored by both Autobot and Decepticon. But how is it that our past together has not tempered this fate?" His voice was laced so heavily with mockery that Optimus refrained a frown.

Why all the questions now? Why must the past always temper the war that caught between the two brothers?

The thoughts that raced through the humans mind almost made him ask them out loud, but he didn't want to get caught. He clung to the corner of the wall, peering around it with the Prime facing him, but with his eyes trained upon the gladiator who's back faced him.

And Rafael was very grateful. He couldn't imagine what would happen if he was caught snooping by the huge metal maniac. But the boy had the curiosity of millions as the past of Optimus Prime and Lord Megatron was left so unspoken of.

Optimus spoke again. "The past has always tempered my actions today. But I have learnt from humankind that mercy will always be welcome. It doesn't matter who to."

Megatron almost interrupted him when he scoffed and let out deep chuckle. "You speak of humankind as though they have taught you more than the matrix itself." Optimus did nothing but smile more to himself than to Megatron.

"That is because they have. Much of Earths past has been perilous and cruel. Two world wars and many small ones have wreaked upon their grounds, even as we speak. Their lives may be short but their memories go further than any of the great prophecies even Unicron could have made. If anything, they have shown more courage and wisdom than you and I combined could ever accomplish."

Raf could sense the passion in his words, as if he had spoken them time and time again. But he still wasn't finished.

"Humanity is a..." he paused, looking for a word that wouldn't seem to pushy. "Strange concept. But Their current status is and always will be protected. You may see them as insects, but I see them as giants."

Megatron sneered at the Primes words. He spoke as though they were the reason that he had become a prime, in order to protect them.

"If you care so much for these pests."
The words stabbed at the small humans heart, as he thought that Megatron's cold spark was warmed by Optimus' words. "How is it that they have suffered so much? The loss of the hometown your dear pets grew up in, even the human child almost fell by a single shot, within the scout no less. If you cannot protect a single child, I doubt that you could protect humanity."

Raf stepped back a bit as Megatron's hate speech towards humankind turned to the traumatic experience. He could remember how it went from a happy joyride with Bumblebee to a painful black abyss. He winced before returning his concentration to the conversation the titans were having.

"I may have made mistakes, that resulted upon the close death of an innocent child," Optimus Primes optics returned to the mocking optics of the warlord. "But whilst I still function, no harm shall come to any other human, no matter who or what the cost."

Megatron chuckled yet again but stepped forward pulling Optimus closer to him before whispering into his audial fin.

"Remember this Prime. I will not step down now. I have come too far. But perhaps a further negotiation is in order. Meet me in the training room. No doubt you wish to speak with the eavesdropper." Megatron said, slight snap in his tone as his gaze quickly flicked towards the human at the corner, to which Rafael missed. He pushed past Optimus and walked into the training room.

Raf was about to turn and run back to the main room, when the Prime turned towards the human their gaze locking for a moment. It was then that all past wisdom and hardship lifted off of of his faceplate, as he smiled at the human.

"Thank you." Rafael whispered, thinking Megatron had not seen him. Optimus' smile widened as he answered. "Your welcome Rafael." Optimus stepped towards the training room, but did not enter before winking at the boy.

Thanks for 8K reads guys! Didn't expect this! Seeing as this fandom is pretty much dead at this point.