Chapter 18: HEY!!!

~~Scales P.O.V~~
Megatron smirked slightly as the Groundbridge opened. The plan was that I was to search for the faint energon signature, while Predaking escorted Megatron into base. A precaution that Ratchet made, just in case he tried anything stupid.

Without another word, they stepped through just before I beat my wings and took off over the cliff. Just above the clouds, I used my scent to find that a small energon vain was just slightly split to the south. I bent my wings and found it against a cliff edge, but it was beneath a small lake, so I would need some kind of backup to drag it out.

~~Predaking P.O.V~~
I walked into the base just behind Megatron, and a small crowd had formed. Most of the Autobots but Ratchet were gathered around the Groundbridge. Arcee at the front, hands to her side ready to shoot and the few decepticons were stood at the back of the room, backs straight. I stepped beside Optimus, also at the front, ready to greet his greatest enemy.

"Megatron," he began softly, his faceplate in a soft expression. "We welcome you." Megatron simply glared. "But due to our past, I have to make a single rule. No harm is to come to any human or other autobot." Upon hearing human, I turned towards Jack, Miko, Rafael and Agent Fowler, who did not look happy at all.

"Come now Optimus, I would never dream of harming them." Megatron said with a slight smirk. Optimus ignored his remark. "I will show you to your birth." They began to walk away before I saw Megatron flutter his optics over the humans. Before I could pick up on this, I got a call from Scales. I turned to Ratchet.

"Scales is requesting some help with transportation. The energon is beneath a lake and she will need help dragging it out." Ratchet hummed before turning to Ultra Magnus and Bulkhead, who were still stood at the Groundbridge, having a conversation about Wheeljack.

"Ultra Magnus, Bulkhead, I may need your assistance." Ratchet turned back to his monitor, searching for Scales' signal. "Scales is having trouble collecting the energon spilled from the vein. As you are not that busy and we are in desperate need of extra energon, due to new accomplices," He sighed in anger, "You two can help her collect it."

They simply nodded and stood affront the Groundbridge and when it opened they stepped through. After Ratchet shut it down, he went over the security feed whilst I glanced over his shoulder. He saw that Megatron and Optimus were simply talking in the hallway outside the training facility. They were facing each other and speaking in hushed voices.

"At least they aren't killing each other." I remarked. Ratchet hummed in agreement before turning back towards the camera. I knew he hoped they were speaking of ending the war.

~~Optimus P.O.V~~

"...And this is the training facility." I said. We were almost finished with the tour of the base and were approaching the main hanger again.

"It will be operational at all times and I give you permission to use it at any time you like." I finished. Megatron turned to the training facility and looked it over with a blank expression. I spun on my pede and began to return to the main hanger. "That will be all, Megatron."

"Optimus." I stopped and turned yet again. "Yes?" I said. He sighed quietly and looked down to the ground.

Something I saw Megatronus do while he was confused.

"After everything I have done to you. After every scratch and dent your body has taken from our many fights. Why is it that you are still hoping that this war will end peacefully?"

~~Scales P.O.V~~

We were just pulling the last of the energon up. There was apparently a lot more than we had accounted for, so it had taken almost all day to get it out and now the dark of night swallowed the light of day.

I tightened my denta on the rope and pulled alongside Ultra Magnus. We decided that swimming beneath and pushing would be better for Bulkhead, as he weighs the most and he can walk across the bottom. No offense obviously. With a couple of grunts of effort, we finally hauled the last of it out and it rolled and anchored itself in the mud. I shook the mud off of my pedes and sat down slightly. I realised that it was probably the same height as Arcee but the width of Bulkhead. Yet again, no offense.

"Nice work. This will be enough to last us about a month." Ultra Magnus called as Bulkhead finally climbed out of the water.

"Hey Scales, you think you can...?" Bulkhead stood shivering like a wet dog, motioning to his wet body. I chuckled slightly before I blew small flames over the top half of his body. Not enough to kill him, but enough for him to warm up. "Thanks." He said.

Before I could say your welcome (Even if he cant understand) A snap of a twig was heard in the woods. My head snapped in that direction, and I knew it wasn't just an animal. I began to growl quietly.

"What is it Scales?" Ultra Magnus said, whilst he grabbed his gun from his back. I took a step forward and saw that a dark silhouette of a cybertronian stood behind a thick tree, attempting to hide.

I jumped forwards and stood atop the cybertronian, claws digging into their shoulders.

"HEY!" He yelled, squirming underneath me "WATCH THE PAINT!"

A/N
Optimus and Megatron heart to heart next chapter? Hope you enjoyed!