Chapter 31

Author's Note:

The picture on the side is of Addie and Ryan!!

EDITED!

Ryan's P.O.V:

Ryan stayed in the living room while Addie was upstairs in the shower. Had she heard what he said over the phone? How long had she really been standing there? Ryan didn't want Addie to know about the phone call. When Jess had called he left the room because he had originally planned on telling her off about what she said to Addie about not ever being good enough, but that didn't happen.

No, it seemed that Jess had her own agenda in which Ryan was going to be involved in.

Addie was acting like she knew a lot more than what he wanted her to know. He felt bad that he was keeping things from her, but he didn't have a choice right now. He was stuck in a situation and he didn't know what to do. He was going to tell her, but he couldn’t do that right now. He couldn’t say anything until he was certain, or at least he had no other choice.

The phone call was exactly what Ryan was afraid to hear come out of a girl’s mouth. Jess, was pregnant. Ryan still didn't know if he believed her completely or if the kid was even his. He didn't know what to do about telling Addie. There is a highly likely chance that the baby isn’t even his. Jess slept around almost as much as, if not more, than Ryan did.

Ryan sat on the couch and listened to the water as Addie showered. This was going to hurt her so much and that was the last thing that Ryan wanted. He wanted to take away anything that would ever hurt her again.  And Jess seemed to be one, but there was nothing he could do about it if she really was pregnant. He was stuck.

He had told Jess that he would come with her to the doctor so she could find out if she was for sure pregnant, but he didn't want to go with Addie knowing. If he were to tell her that he was going out with Jessica to go see something, she would be so hurt. All her fears from before would surface back again and he didn't know if he could get her back after that.

He heard the water shut off and he knew that Addie was out of the shower. He knew he had to tell her because he would be damned if she heard it from someone else. She had just let herself go and done something for him she'd never done before, and this was how he repaid her? He felt disgusting for what he was doing, but it wasn't completely his fault Jess was pregnant.

Hell she said she was on the pill, so Ryan didn't use a condom... big mistake evidentially.

As he waited for Addie to come down the stairs, he heard his phone go off, indicating that he was receiving a call. He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the Caller I.D. only to read Jessica's name flashing across the screen. He stared at the screen for a minute without answering it. He didn’t want to have to talk to her, but what choice did he have at this point? If she was pregnant, he would have to learn to deal with her for the next eighteen years.

Groaning, he answered the call. "What now Jess? I'm kind of busy at the moment," he asked in annoyance. She was the last person he wanted to talk to at the moment.

"I was just telling you that I got a call from the doctors saying that the results are in and I'm going in there to see them in a couple of hours. You said you'd come with me, so I'll meet you there in about an hour and a half," she said and before Ryan could respond the line went dead.