Chapter 20

Addie's P.O.V:

Ryan and Addie were cuddled up on the couch watching The Avengers. Addie absolutely loved this movie! She would much rather watch this than some stupid chick flick that gives girls lost hope on how relationships turn out in the end. She never really believed that those soppy love stories ever happened in real life. Something always got in the way. She saw it with her parents, and she’s witnessed it from the shadows throughout high school.

The room was filled with silence other than the noise from the TV. Addie sat with her legs wrapped underneath her and her head on Ryan's chest as he slowly stroked her hair. They haven't hardly talked since the movie began to play, they just sat there in a comfortable silence enjoying each other’s company.

If Addie were being honest though, she wanted to talk to Ryan about something that had been bothering her. She wanted to know what exactly they were to one another, but she wasn't quite sure how to ask or bring it up. She knows Ryan has a past with... well with almost the entire student body of their school. She didn't want to risk losing what they have because she wanted to put a label on something that she didn't really even understand. Was she his girlfriend? Or was he simply just passing his time with her until someone better came along?

Ryan sat there silently watching the movie. Addie wondered if he was battling the same battle within himself. Did he want something more than a friendship between them? Is that what they already were? What were they?! Ryan looked down at Addie and caught her staring at him.

Addie quickly turned her head away, trying to hide the blush that was beginning to spread across her cheekbones. Ryan's laughter echoed throughout the quiet room, causing Addie to blush even more. She wanted to just get up and leave so he wouldn’t see her so embarrassed, but she didn’t want to get up and leave his side.

"Like what you see there, babe?" Ryan asked wrapping his arms around her shoulders and pulling her closer to him. Addie blushed even more. "It's alright, Addie. You're not the only one who enjoys the view, trust me."

Addie tensed up at his words. She knew he had a vivid past when it came to other girls, but the way he said that made Addie want to ask all of the same questions she was wondering earlier. Except this time, she felt like she would already know the answers. There was no way that he would want to actually be with someone like Addie. She wasn’t worth his time when he could take his pick from a wide variety of girls. But Addie felt like she needed to hear him say it for himself.

Addie untangled herself from under Ryan's arm and got up from the couch. Leaving a confused Ryan sitting there staring at her back as she walked into the kitchen. She walked over to the counter and grabbed a glass before heading to the sink and turning on the tap. She could hear Ryan's steps enter the kitchen as she turned off the water and lifted the glass to her lips.

She took a long slow drink, in hope that it would stall her having to turn around and look at the gorgeous boy in the room with her. She wanted to ask him the questions, she did… but no matter how much she wanted to know what his answers would be, she was scared to hear them for herself. So she did everything she thought of to stall having to ask them.

"Addie, what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?" he asked as he made his way over and stood behind Addie. Addie remained silent as she finished drinking the water in the glass. "Addie, please tell me what I did!" he pleaded, placing a hand on Addie's shoulder and turned her around. She let him turn her around and she looked at his chest, not being able to look at his face when she asked this.