Chapter 15

EDITED!

Ryan's P.O.V:

Addie's body fell limp in his arms. He could still see her short breathes but she wasn’t really conscious anymore, which wasn’t a good thing. He could see her trying to fight it off, but Ryan knew from personal experience that that act wasn’t easy at all. Ryan didn't know what to do, except hold her body close to his. He could tell that she was having a hard time keeping her eyes open, she was falling asleep and that was something she couldn't do.

"Addie, stay awake. You have to stay awake!" he repeatedly told her. It was no use. She was losing too much blood to stay awake. He felt her gently place her hand against his cheek as she looked up at him. He leaned into her touch and tried his hardest to whisper comforting words to her that would maybe keep her here with him. But with one last look into his eyes, Addie slowly closed hers.

"No, Adelynne! You can't close your eyes. Open them back up, you can't leave me now! Not now! Not after everything we've been through! You have to stay with me!" Ryan yelled shaking her unmoving body. "Somebody help!" he yelled out to the cops standing nearby. He felt the tears falling from his eyes, but he didn’t care at the moment. He didn’t care that every single one of these men was going to see him cry, he just couldn’t hold it in anymore. He was losing her and there wasn’t anything he could do about it. She had to fight this on her own until help got here.

"The ambulance is almost here. Just apply pressure to her wound. We have to try to slow the bleeding as much as we can," the cop that had brought Addie over to him said, calmly placing Ryan's hand over the open gunshot wound in Addie's stomach. The blood was gushing out of the hole and collecting in a puddle underneath them. Ryan was extremely happy that he never got queasy at the sight of blood, because he wouldn’t be able to help her at all in this situation.

Following the cops instructions, Ryan applied pressure to Addie's stomach trying to stop the bleeding. Ryan lifted her body up higher into his arms, still holding his hand to her stomach, and softly began to rock her back and forth. He leaned his head against her hair, praying that she would just open her eyes and let Ryan gaze upon the most beautiful irises he had even seen.

In what felt like hours, when in reality it was only minutes, Ryan could hear the sound of the ambulance approaching. Ryan could hear the shouts from everyone around him, but he couldn't bring himself to look away from Addie's face. He didn’t want to look at anything else besides her. He got her back just too possibly lose her again. She looked so peaceful laying in his arms. She looked like she was just asleep and cuddling against him. He wanted nothing more than to be back in his bed yesterday morning so that he could redo all of this and she would be safe.

"Sir, we need you to move away from the girl now," the man said, trying to remove Addie's body from Ryan's. Ryan felt reluctant to let her go because he wanted to be able to hold her and feel her, but he knew if he did that she would for sure die. And he couldn’t do that to her. Addie deserved to live a long happy life and Ryan was going to make sure she gets just that. Eventually, Ryan let him take Addie's body and place her on a stretcher. "Okay, we need to hurry! She's passed out from blood lost and we have to move quickly!" he ordered as he began to roll Addie's unconscious body away from Ryan.

"Wait, I'm coming with her!" Ryan yelled as he jumped to his feet and ran towards the ambulance. The men let him in without hesitation. Ryan sat to the right of Addie. He grabbed her hand and held it tightly in his own. "Please be okay, Adelynne. I need you to be okay," Ryan softly whispered into her hand. He closed his eyes and allowed more tears to fall from his eyes. If she wasn’t okay after this, he didn’t know if he could ever live with himself.