Tracker Dogs

"Yeah..." I mumble, "they helped us back when we were trying to find you."

Althea snapped her head up, "I have another question. How are we paying for this flight?"

April managed to snap out of her daze, pulling out a card form behind her phone case. "The girl we're trying to help...let's call her Mal...her grandmother gave me this card and said anything we would need would be on here."

We were really lucky for that.

"I see."

All our heads snap upwards when the sound of a dog barking echoed through the airport.

I gasp, "oh shit."

"Can flight A123 please make their way to the gate. All passengers on flight A123 please make their way to gate 5 for boarding. Thank you."

I pulled April and Althea up, "we need to go. Now." I whisper heading the gate. But one of the dogs snapped their head in our direction and began to growl.

Althea stiffened, hearing the growl. "Why do I have the feeling that those dogs know you?"

"We especially know the people on the ends of the leashes." I mumbled, as we quickly moved towards the airport gate. "And they can track us if we're invisible

I saw Althea's eyes, jumping from us to the dogs, before the began to glow purple. "Well, let's make them track something else."

She hovered her hand over April and I, before before she seemed to pluck something out of thin air.  The fair outline of a ball just glowed in her hand, but you had to look so close to see it.

I watched her bend down, looking like she was about to tie her dirty converse shoes, and she rolled it away. It basically looked like a really fast ball going, and nothing seemed to stop it.

It even weaved itself in and out of people's legs, and just kept going.

As it whisked past he dogs, they stopped barking in our general direction and tried taking off after the balls of our scent.

The owners let go of the leashes and the dogs began sprinting, sprinting so fast I was kind of worried that they would overrun the balls.

"Go, go, go!" Althea whispered, pushing us towards where the gate was.

From there, everything went by so smoothly. We were boarded, we sat down, all three of us in a row together. April was on the aisle seat because she couldn't stand looking out the window, whereas Althea begged for the window seat because she's never been able to fly this high with her powers.

So I guess that left me in the middle seat, holding April's hand. She was still so terrified, and the last time she was on a plane here...she had Sheila to keep her company.

I was here the whole time. And I'm not leaving her, and I don't Althea is either. 

...
I watched as two dark figures ran through a forest.

I sighed, moving my hand to the left and the plants cleared out of their way, so I could get a better look.

One figure just stopped, looking back at the plants that just moved. "Ellie?"

It was as if the colour returned to her, just to her though. Everything else was dark.

"Amber?" I felt like I was about to cry. I ran straight towards her, but I went straight through her. "Amber?"

I must be dreaming. But since I can see the present...as in what is happening now...

"We escaped," She smiled, and I clutched my necklace which glowed brighter than it has for a long time, "And I'm coming to find you, wherever you may be."