Thats How you Know

April P.O.V

I sat up in a panic, Panting as if I had just gone for a 3 k run. Sweat decorated my forehead, like dew sitting on the side of a rock..very smelly dew.

Elle seemed to stay asleep this time, and I didn't wake her up. Well, the past few times I have been right next to her, either yelling next to her, or kicking her awake...the poor thing must be exhausted.

I look over at her and see her sleeping peacefully, part of me wonders if she's dreaming about Tommy. Though, she probably is. I can see that small smile on her face. It's faint, but it's there.

It's contagious too, seeing a genuine smile like that after so long, it's refreshing.

But you know what I could go for right now? Some warm milk, just to get me back to sleep. I wonder if I can work out how to get around this place without getting too lost.

I check my phone, which says that it's 2:47 right now, so id assume that everyone is asleep, and usually they'd be in the deep sleep stage by now, but not for too much longer.

I creep out of bed, placing my feet on the shaggy carpet, and watch as my long white spotted, blue pants moved with every step of mine. I was also given a White Teeshirt to match it.

I get to the door and turn the polished handle slowly, and silently exiting the room, smirking with relief when I was pretty much silent.

"Bit late for a midnight snack don't ya think?" I had to hold my hand over my mouth I stop myself from screaming at the sudden voice.

"Cookie? Why are you up this late?" I say I'm a hushed tone. Cookie was standing there, still dressed in his butler uniform, ready for action.

"Intuition...want some milk? It's warm." He says holding out a tray with two cups filled with warm milk in it.

If Elle were here, Shed be extremely creeped out, but I just kinda need that milk right now.

"Just what I need, thank you." I say heading towards the lounge room with him.

"So you had a bad dream huh?" He asks as we sit down on opposite sides of the table.

"No, I wouldn't call it a bad dream...just confusing. Just like everything else here." God, now I'm sounding like Elle. "I saw that girl that we're meant to find, the one that Angela was talking about. But, how we get there is another question. And how I drag Elle with me is an even bigger one." I sigh taking another sip of milk.

"So, you're up for this little adventure huh? I gotta feelin' that you little friend will come around. She wouldn't let you go on your own ya know." Cookie says before taking a big gulp from his cup. Even for a much older man, he drinks like a child.

I couldn't help but giggle at his milk moustache, but I can almost guarantee that I have one too.

"I know. Elle, she seems to stick by me no matter what has happened." My hands go above my cup and I make the milk fly out and dance around before landing back into the cup.

"Just like you. You'll stick with her no matta what."

I smile at him again, but a sleepy one, "how do you know?"

Cookie smirks happily at me, "it's called intuition. Remember, you two are more powerful when you're together, and the four of ya are even stronger. Don't go off alone."

A yawn escapes my lips and I finish the last of my milk. "Thank you Cookie. I really needed that." I tell him and he escorts me back to my room.