Off to Sleep

April P.O.V

"But now I do." Her voice was confident, "I saw you in the future April. That desert wasteland."

I nod my head, "Yeah, so somehow we're supposed to stop that, but we kinda havel no idea how. But I think if we find this fourth girl, we can fix it."

That's what Angela said to me, and I sure hope that she's right. For all of our sakes. I've seen what kind of horrible future it is and I sure as hell don't want it happening.

I don't think that Elle knows just how bad it was, but what I saw, I hope I never see again.

"It looks dreadful. And it felt like death. If that's the future of Earth, i want to help stop it." We all nod at her statement, "I do sometimes see this other girl. She's always fighting something, so it makes her hard to see."

Elle raised an eyebrow, "fighting? Fighting what?"

Althea shook her head, "I don't know. But. Whatever it is, it's horrible."

The look on her face said it all, she wasn't joking. I just hope that girl is alright.

"So," Elle said clapping her hands together, "how are we going to do this?"

The black haired girl moved over to the other side of the room, sitting down on a slab which had a pillow and a blanket there.

"So you live here? By yourself?" I ask catching her attention

Althea nodded, "my family wouldn't let me stay with the if I wasn't of use to them. So I found this place."

this poor girl, I guess we've all lost something in this war. But I don't think her parents knew about her power. Imagine if they did? I feel like she'd be a lot worse off.

"That's awful..." Elle said, "but, I guess you don't have to worry about your parents them anymore." She tried to put a positive spin on the situation.

She cast her downward, glaring at the ground. "They weren't my parents. They were monsters. I don't know what happened to my parents, but they left me on the door step of that hell hole, with only a small piece of her left." She began playing with the necklace around her neck. "But anyways let's go and do this."

Elle and I looked to each other, each of us thinking of all the monsters that we've come into contact with over these past few months.

So many horrible, horrible people.

I watched as Althea lay down on the old looking pillow, and sighed out of nerves as she shut her eyes.

My eyes fell on Elle, who just looked slightly confused, "how can she fall asleep so quickly? Like she just laid down, and now she's asleep??"

The two saw Althea stir, "some silence would be greatly appreciated." She mumbled, causing Elle to press her lips together in regret.

"Sorry." She whispered, sitting down on a rock, and crossing her legs.

I desperately hope that Althea can find this girl, for all our sakes.