The Author

Elle P.O.V
...

"Did someone call my name?" Another voice calls out, this one was more masculine, and deeper. Well compared to the girls that is.

When I turned towards the voice, I found that it came from the door off to the side of the room. The owner of that voice was tall, taller than me, with messy brown hair and eyes to match. Freckles spread across his face with some on his arms and legs, with a small mole on the left side of his mouth.

He wore a red and black flannel shirt, with jeans to go with, and white shoes. He looked rather ordinary if you ask me. But the again, I look normal, April looks normal, but we are far from it.

"You the author?" I question, raising my eyebrows, and Shiela gives me a smirk. I knew what she was thinking, and I think she knew what I was thinking, "Please tell me you name is H-"

Shiela jumped up and threw herself on top of me, slamming a hand over my mouth, "shhhhhhhh! Spoilers!!!" She whispered in my ear.

Everyone else stared with confusion, but the Author brought the attention back to himself, "My name is George actually." He introduces him self running the back of his head nervously.

"So now that's settled, I'll ask again. How do you know us?" I'm honestly confused. They said that they knew us, and they kept talking about the story and how we had to finish it. Like, seriously? What the hell? How would they know this stuff??

"Right, follow me." The older boy says inviting April and I into the room that he only just walked out of.

The first thing that caught my eye in the room was a single wooden desk, with a small notepad, a pen and a desk light.

"And this is the centre of operations." He stretches out his arm introducing the room.

"Well, it's..." April trails off, "Small."

George chuckled, "do you want to know why they call me the author?" He says sitting down on the chair next to the desk, taking the pen and twirling it in his fingers.

He didn't even give us a chance to answer before he started writing. And really fast too, with no hesitation of what he was going to say. In a matter of seconds, he had written almost a few pages, as I read over his shoulder.

"'April scanned the room, blue eyes skimming over the limited objects placed there before managing to say 'well, it's...small.' To which the author just laughed asking the two heroes before him if they wished to know why he was the author.

Both were intrigued and watched patiently as he wrote their current events, all the while, something lurked outside.'"

"What's that's supposed to mean? You just wrote what you saw." I exclaimed, before he Began to flick through the rest of the pages, showing me every recorded detail of what has happened to April and I.

"How though?" April questions and he shrugs.

"It's just my power, just as yours is to control liquids and hers is to control earth and plants." He pointed out and we raised our eyebrows.

"Ok, he's good," I smirk but some thing catches my attention, "wait! You said something was lurking outside! Does that mean..."

Well we knew we were right when gunshots were fired, shattering windows and lodging themselves in the wall.

"Yep." George said dragging us to the floor to avoid the spatter of bullets, "it has it's perks."

Knightwing bursts into the room, out of breath,"They found us!" She shouted, leaning on the door for support.

"I know, but our priority is getting these two out of here!" He shouted pushing us towards the door.