Chapter Fifty five

Jerome

I waited patiently for  Jummy's reply like a patient dog waiting for the fattest bone.

She was taking time though, it has been one week since I asked her out and she has been dodging me. This is probably....scratch that...this is definitely the first time a guy has asked her out so her systems are still in a rampage.

"Guy what's up na? Has your babe answered you?" Bayo asked.

"Nope."

"She should be fast na......we want to eat wedding rice." Clinton said.

This guy and food.

"I asked her to be my girlfriend not my wife."

"Still the same thing.....girlfriend is the first stage.....las las we go  still chop wedding rice."

"Settle down class." The Commerce teacher walked in and the noise died down.

"I'm hungry." Lolade complained.

"You sef.... You have joined FFO association." Bayo teased and we laughed.

"Those boys talking over there.....I'll separate you guys o." Mr Otolorin warned.

"We're sorry sir." We apologized.

*******

Jumoke

I really want to be Jerome's girlfriend but I really don't want my mum to kill me. If she finds out I have a boyfriend....I would be toast!

"I'll give you a reply tomorrow." I told Jerome before I went home.

When I got home, I was tired,  I just laid on the couch and went to slumber land.

I opened my eyes and saw my mum on the dining table, doing some paper works.

"Mummy, good afternoon." I greeted sleepily.

"Mmm....Good morning." I noted her sarcasm and looked at the clock on the wall....oh it's already evening.  Silly me.

"Good evening ma."

"How are you?"

"Fine."

"You'll just be sleeping like log....you didn't even know when I entered the house.... God will not allow them to come and kidnap you in this house in Jesus name."

This woman!

I ignored her and took my phone. I switched on my data. I didn't put my phone on silent mode...so it began making notification sound. The notifs were so many. I quickly put it on silent mode before my mum starts complaining.

I looked at her and she looked back at me with a pout. "I'll soon throw that phone inside gutter. It's only God that knows the people that are sending you message up and down. You'll not read Bible o.......phone! And You're preparing for WAEC o....in fact gimme that phone." She dropped her pen and stretched her hand.