Chapter Eight ||

Jumoke

I got home earlier than anybody.
I felt sick. I was cold and shivering with a high temperature.

I hate cold water.

I disposed my wet uniform and took a hot bath. I went downstairs to cook noodles,I was very hungry since I didn't get the chance to eat.
The thought of the today's incident made me cringe.

I ate half of the noodles and went upstairs to my room to have a nap.

An hour later,somebody rang the door bell.

"Who's there?"

"Boko haram".
That voice belonged to my goat brother.

I opened the door.

"Ahn ahn...why are you looking like a pregnant woman?"

"I don't have time for your jokes today".

"I heard what happened in school today. Did Jerome actually do that?"

Even though my brother was the most annoying elder brother in the world, he was still the best. He would always fight for us: me,my mum and my sister.
Nobody messes with his three butterflies, as he usually called us.

"Yes. He did."

"He has put his hand inside fire. That guy will just be doing like his daddy owns the school. He's not gonna get away with this".

"Are you gonna tell mum?" I asked.

"It's up to you. Go upstairs and sleep you look so pale."

I sighed and went to my room,but no to sleep.

I picked up my infinix hot 5 and decided to go through my social media accounts.

As soon I switched on my mobile data, I started receiving tones of messages,my phone kept buzzing non stop. It's been a while though.

I went through my Facebook and Instagram to like some posts.

I received a message from Chioma.

Chioma: what's up? Are you feeling better now? Are you still shivering? Are you still cold? Do you have catahrr and cough?

Me: LOL. looks like I'm doing JAMB right now, lmao. I'm alright now. Thanks for today. You're a darling.

Chioma: awww. She finally admits it. What are friends for?I got your back anytime.

Me: Any gist? I'm bored ryy now.

Chioma: there is o. Juicy gist. Are you in the WhatsApp group?

Me: Nope

Chioma: there are three sha. One for our class, one for the whole science department in the school and one for the whole school. Let me just add you.

Me: alright.

She added me to the three groups. CHS science students, CHS gist corner and Science gurus,ss1A.

Chioma: Read the chats on CHS gist corner.

I clicked on the group and read the chats.

+234********~Nitty👑 : Did you guys hear or see what happened today oh? Where una dey seff?

+234********~ La bae la curvy : Yass o. Jay jay disgraced one girl in science class. I heard the girl insulted him. Seriously, that girl get mind o. He for beat am,show am pepper make she no say kaki no lether.

See how she spelt khaki and leather.

I continued reading.

+234******** ~Kvng Benjie: Jay shouldn't have done that na. She's a new student,the girl will think the school is horrible. That's appalling.