Chapter Twenty nine

Jumoke

So Jerome  wants to date Jessica uhn?

After making me fall for him, he thinks he can just run off like that.... No way!
He can't step all over me just like that.
The bitchy mode in me got activated.

Speaking of the devil, I saw Jerome and Jessica approaching me. Immediately he saw, he draped his arm over Jessica's shoulder. Jessica looked at me and smiled. She thinks he's sweet uhn?

I'm no fool, I know he's using her to get me jealous.

Then an idea hit me. I'll play along in the game and I'll get him jealous too. Let's see who wins the battle.

"Hey, Jerome." I called his name with an evil smirk.

"Yes?" he raised a brow, his arm still draped over her shoulder.

"Ummm....sorry bitch, he can't talk right now," Jessica said and folder her arms, both eyebrows were raised and she pouted her lips.

"Mind your fucked up business." I told with a victorious smile. The come back hit her hard.

"I know about this little game you're playing, you hear me? I'll play along, till you get tired and we see who wins the battle. And you," I turned to Jessica,"Don't feel on top of world yet, he's just using you."

"Don't listen to her, Jess. She's just jealous. Yo, look here miss. I can't waste my time explaining myself to you, whatever I do is none of your god damn business. Think whatever the fuck what you want. And I was serious about you acting like you don't know me. Cos me and you....," he pointed to me and himself, "we are so over and done."

Ouch!!!
That hit me so hard that I wanted to cry.

Is this Jerome or is someone else occupying his body?

I looked into eyes to see if he meant what he said and his expression was masked. His tone was dead serious and I was beginning to think twice about him playing a game with me.

What if he's serious?
What if he meant every word he said?

He said we are so over. We haven't started anything yet and he has blown the whistle already.

He and Jessica walked past me and I was left standing there like a moron.

I stared at his back and a drop of tear fell on my cheek.

**************

"Hey Gabby," Henry nudged me, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied.

Only Henry called me Gabby because he said he preferred that and Jumoke was too Yoruba-ish for his liking. He and Chioma were he only people among my friends that knew my other name is Gabriella.

"You don't seem fine to me. C'mon tell me what's wrong?"

"Henry, I'm fine."

"Is it about Jerome?" he asked.

I sighed and nodded.

"Do you......do you like him?" he whispered-asked.

"Kind of." I shrugged.

I saw a glint of something in eyes and I couldn't quite decipher what it was. It disappeared as soon it came. I was beginning to think if it was my imagination.

He nodded and started writing on the table.

"Henry?" I called and he looked up at me and raised his brow. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm...I'm fine. I just....never mind."

I became confused.

Is Henry crushing on me?
Of course not, I mentally slapped myself. How will he crush on him? Close friends don't crush on each other, right?

"......that he wants to be with her," he was saying.

"Sorry, could you repeat that? I was lost."

"I said, you just have to accept the fact that he wants to be with her."

I sighed.

"Gabby?" he called.

"Hmm."

"You remember the first time we met?" he asked.

"Yeah, at Shop Rite." I laughed a little.

"You said you were with someone. Was it Jerome?"

The way he asked the question, he sounded hurt.

Can someone please tell me what's going on?

"Yeah."

He nodded and was quiet for a while before he said, "Remember I asked you if we've met before."

"Yeah."

"Well. I had met you before that day."

"When? How?"

"When you guys were in ss1, I came to school one day with my mom and I saw you and Chioma, I think you guys were going out for break."

"Wow, I never knew about that."

"And that was the day I........"

"Good morning class," the Civic education teacher walked in and stopped Henry from what he was saying.

________________________________________

Don't forget to vote comment and share!!!!

Adiós!