Chapter Thirty

Thirtieth chapter!!!!!💥🎆🎉🎊

                        ********

Henry

I laid on my bed looking up to the ceiling.

Jumoke! She was the only person on my mind. I couldn't get her out of mind. Anytime I closed my eyes, an image of her finds it way to my head.

I'm going crazy, you don't have to remind me.

That day, before the Civic education teacher walked, I was about to tell her I have always had a big crush on her.
Thank God the teacher walked in,I would have said it and regretted later because telling her that would ruin our friendship and I don't want that to happen.

It hurt to know that she liked Jerome but what can I do? I can't force her to like me back.

Jerome...... I hated that name, I hated his face and everything about him. I hated him the very first day I saw him at the cafeteria. I made it clear to him that I don't like him and he made it clear to me that he didn't like me either.

The day he punched me.... God...that day, I wanted to kill him. I was happy when Jumoke slapped him hard on the cheek. It warmed my heart to see that Gabby defended me. It made my heart swell.

The first day I saw her was the best day of my life. I went to school with my mom that day. I was sick and couldn't go to school, she insisted I follow her to school so she would keep a close watch on me.

I was bored and so I decided to go outside and stand in the verandah. It was break time and students were playing in the field. I watched the students and that was when I saw her. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, even the girls in my school couldn't beat this. She was tall with chocolate skin, a light skinned girl was walking beside her and they were chatting animatedly. I saw her laugh at what her friend was saying. Even from afar, I could see how beautiful her smile was.

Since then, I had been crushing on her. The crush was the biggest crush I had ever had. I went to my mom's school again and I saw her again. I pictured her in my brain and saved it in my brain memory, when she came closer, I took a picture  of her with my phone without her knowing.

My elder sister noticed I was always deep in thoughts, she asked me and I told her everything.

The other time, I met her at Shop Rite. I went out with my friends.

"Look at that fine girl over there." Jeffrey pointed and everybody turned to look at her. I was so happy I finally met her again.

I didn't know when I stood up and started walking to her, my friends hailed me.

Listening to her voice was wonderful. It was the first time I heard her talk, the first time I saw her up close. She had wonderful eyes which sparkled when she smiled.

Before I walked away, I took a picture of her without her knowing.
I look at the picture every night before I go to sleep. Thoughts of her obsess my every waking moment.

My sister, Helen walked into my room without knocking. That brought me back to the present.

"Helen? What did I say about knocking?"

"Whatevs. I came to borrow your charger."

Helen was two years older than me. One would think I was older than her because I was taller than her and I looked more matured. She had baby face, her voice was not the voice of an eighteen years old girl, it sounded more like twelve and she was so talkative.

"You're thinking about her again?" she asked.

"Nope," I denied.

"Keep lying to yourself." She sat on my bed and I pushed her off and she fell to the floor.

"Ouch. My butt."

"I told you my bed is off limits."

"What's that bulging out of your trousers?"she asked.

I looked down and noticed the bulge. That always happens when I think of her.
"Fuck off ."

"You have a boner because you're thinking of her? Awwwnn."

"Helen, if you don't get out of this room...."

"I want to meet this girl. Invite her over."

"So that you'll blurt out that I have a big crush on her since ss1. No, thank you."

"What's that her name again? Gabby?"

"It's Jumoke for you. I'm the only one that calls her that."

"Awwn. You have a name that only you call her. Sweet! You're making me want to fall in love. I'm in love oooo,"she sang. "I said I'm in love oo, baby let me cover you,when you stand, I'm under you...oh oh na na na na. Henry, do you know that it's because of you that Kizz Daniel sang that song?"

"Helen?"

"Yes?"

"Get out of from my room."

"See ehn, let me tell you, you're a very fine boy....."

"She finally admitted," I said.

"Whatever. You have charms, make her fall for you and you're doing like okra soup. When you won't watch romantic movies...you'll be watching avengers infinity war, black panther...are they teaching you how to be romantic there? Can't you smirk one sexy smirk? Oya smirk for me, let me see."  She pushed my arm.

I gave her a stupid and funny looking smirk.

"You look like a wounded bull. Don't give her this smirk o, you'll make her to run away. I know you can smirk. Buy her chocolates, take her out, to the movies, hold her hands and play with her fingers. Don't worry I'll lecture you on how to be romantic. You're lucky to have me as your sister. Don't thank me, anything for my little bro." She pinched my cheeks and I slapped her hand away.

"For once in your life, you actually made sense," I told her.

"Is that supposed to be an insult or a compliment?"

"That's for you to figure out."

"Whatever. Lemme go and charge my phone before NEPA will carry their light." She stood up from my bed and I muttered a 'thank God'.

"I heard that," she yelled before closing the door.

Come to think of it, what she said actually made sense and I'm going to do exactly those things.

I've got to make her fall for me.

________________________________________

Who likes Henry's POV?

Team Jumry......where you'all at?

New character.......who likes Helen?