Chapter Twenty seven

Jerome

After that hot slap from Jummy, my senses were deactivated and I couldn't think straight throughout the whole day.

My cheek still hurt even after I got home. Her five fingers left a mark on my cheek. I have a very light skin and the red cheek was very obvious.

My friends had to cage me in my seat to stop me from going the Jummy's class and beat the hell of out Henry.

I just couldn't accept the fact that Jumoke slapped me because of him. How dare she! I know it wasn't intentional, I know she acted on impulse, still, she slapped me.

As soon as the bell went for closing, I took my bag and left the class. Bayo yelled something like they would stop over at my house.

Luckily, my driver had already arrived when I reached the gate.

I entered the car and even forgot to greet. Right now, my manners have gone far East Lansing and I hope they never come back.

The driver, John, noticed my bad mood and didn't say a word throughout the ride home.

I reached home and marched up the stairs. I took a long, long shower, yet, my temper didn't cool off.

My mom wasn't around yet, so the maids prepared Jollof rice and fried plantain. Even after eating that amazing meal, I was still angry.

Who eats Jollof rice and fried plantain and doesn't cheer up?

The door opened, Bayo, Clinton and Lolade waltzed in like they owned the place.

"Guy, what's popping?" Lolade asked.

"I'm hungry, I swear. Anything in the house?"

I called the maids and they served them.

As they ate, I switched on the TV and the DSTV decoder to watch select sports 2.

"Man! That food awwessoome," Clinton said, as he cleaned his hands with a napkin.

They were all done eating and they came to join me in the sitting room.

"So.....jay, what are you gonna do 'bout Jummy?" Bayo asked.

Seriously speaking, I don't know what to do. Right now, I'm so pissed that I can't think straight.
"I don't know."

"But, you can't stay angry with her forever," Lolade chipped in.

"Who said I can't?"

"I just did." Lolade said in a duh tone.

I rolled my eyes took my new phone, iPhone 8 plus which my dad bought for me, from the table.

"What you wanna do?" Clinton asked.

"Nothing. I just feel like coming online."

"Do you really mean what you said?" Lolade asked.

"About what?"

"You said and I quote 'From now on,don't act like you know me." He mimicked my voice with a fake angry face.

"You guys should stop questioning me." I laid back in the chair with my legs on the table.

"Honestly speaking, I don't like that Henry for any reason," Bayo said as he took the remote to change the channel.

"The guy doesn't seem that bad as you guys are making him out to be," Clinton said and we all glared at him. He raised his both hands in surrender. "Hey, hey, I'm just trying to be rational here."

"So we are the ones that are irrational?" I asked.

"That came from you bruh," he said.

I threw him a pillow and it hit him right in the head.
"Idiot."

"Hey, chill na. Someone cannuh play with you?".

I went to WhatsApp and the first message I saw was from Jumoke. Hmm, she was waiting for me to come online.

"She sent a message," I told them.

"Reply na, mumu."

I showed them my reply and they laughed.

"She didn't even say sorry," I complained.

"Maybe, she's about to," Clinton suggested.

"How long will it take her to say simple sorry? Aargh....I'm gonna block her."

"Don't you dare." Bayo warned.

I wasn't even actually gonna do that, why would I block Jumoke?

They sat down beside me and I wanted to make them think I was actually gonna block her.

After clicking on block, I was about click on cancel when Bayo grabbed the phone and mistakenly clicked on block.

We looked at each other, with our mouths open.

"You blocked her!!!" We shouted at the same time.

"No, I didn't, you did," he argued.

"No, you did."

"You were gonna block her," he pointed out.

"I wasn't. I wanted to make you guys think that. I was about to click on cancel you idiot!"

"Oh," he muttered.

"You can still unblock her you dumb chickens." Clinton said.

Oh, I even forgot that.

I clicked on settings, then on security, then blocked contacts. Then, I unblocked her, but she had already gone offline.

"God, she has gone offline. She might think I did that purposely."

"She'll come online later and see that you've unblocked her, dummy."

Oh, true. Where the fuck is my brain?

"Who are you calling dummy?"

"Where's Lolade?" I asked.

We saw him on the couch, already asleep. When did he start sleeping?

**************

The next day.....

After my friends left my house yesterday evening, I decided that.......wait, I'll tell you later. *winks*

Mr John drove me to school very early today. On our way, I saw Chioma coming out of her gate.

I asked Mr John if we could give her a ride and he agreed. I rolled down the window and greeted her.

"Hey, Chioma. Good morning."

"Ah....good morning jay."

"Can I give you a ride to school?"

"Ah...thank you oh. Abeg, open the door."
"Your car is fine."

"Thank you."

"So....about yesterday......," she started.

"Yesterday is a history......although I'm still pissed but......it's all okay."

"Thank God."

"I need your help in something." I told her.

"For what?"

"It's a very easy thing, I just need you to ..............but not today oh, on Friday."

She laughed. "Man, you're a badass."

"I know, right?"