Chapter Seventeen

Jumoke

We walked into the mall. As usual, it was kinda cold and filled with people, both black and white. The ground floor was filled so we used the escalator to the upper floor. We found an empty table and settled down.

I was still taking selfies when Jerome grabbed the phone from me and put it in his pocket.

"What was that for?" I questioned with a childish frown.

"Later you'll continue, but right now let's order something. What would you like?"

"Anything."

"They don't serve 'anything' here," he laughed.

"Please, give me my phone," I begged.

"Tell me what you want first."

"Let's have pepperoni pizza and Coke."

"Nice choice," he brought out the phone and gave it to me. "I'll be right back, don't move, okay?"

"Duh......I'm not a baby."

"Whatever."
He scurried away and I kept myself busy with my phone.

I sensed a tall figure in front me and I looked up to see a tall, dark skinned guy with well sculptured face like that of the Adonis Greek god. He had dark, curly hair and thick, arched black, brows. He pink lips were thin and pouted and later, the edges his lips stretched into a breathtaking grin.

"Hi." He waved at me before dropping on the seat Jerome had sat a while ago.

"Hi,"  replied.

"I'm Henry. What's the name?" He raised his arched brow.

"Jumoke."

"Yoruba girl. Nice to meet you. So did you come with anyone?" He asked.

"Yeah. He just went to get something."

"Wow. Why would a guy leave such a beauty in the midst of other guys."

"So. You're still a secondary schooler?" He raised a brow again.

"Yeah."

"Me too."

There was an awkward silence for a while, with the guy just staring at me with a grin like I was some kind of African delicacy.

"Sorry....have we met before?" He asked.

"No, I don't think so."

"Okay. So, Jummy.......," The way he pronounced my name was magnifique......"Can I get your number, so we can get to know each other better?"

"Ummm....I don't really give my digits to strangers." I made sure to be very blunt.

"I might be a stranger but we will work on that later. You might be thinking I'm a bad guy because I've this bad boy looks, but dear, looks can be deceiving."

Wooww!

"I promise I won't disturb you with calls and no night calls....that's if you don't like them. So what do you say?" He winked.

"Fine."

He gave me his phone.

"Please don't give me wrong number. Girls of nowadays are deceiving."

For the first time since he started talking, I laughed.

"Wow. You have a beautiful smile and I like the way your eyes sparkled as you laughed. Aren't you created so marvelously?" He grinned and his eyes sparkled.