Chapter Thirty nine

Jumoke

Rain, rain, go away, come and rain another day, little Jumoke is looking for network.

It was raining so heavily I feared it was the end of the world.

After doing all my Saturday chores, I picked up my phone and went to my room.

The heavy rain was disturbing the network, making connections really slow.

"Jumoke," I heard Tunde call from his room.

"Help me bring my food."

"What happened to your hands and legs?"

"Please, I'm still reading.... Do you want to me kneel down?"

I went downstairs, dished his food and went to his room to give him. I entered without knocking.

"What did I say about knocking?" He asked with a frown.

"I'll return this food to the kitchen if you vex me."

"Sorry. Knock next time. It's because you helped me bring my food, that's why I ignored it."

"Whatever." I dropped the tray on his reading table where he sat and looked around the room.

My brother's room is always neat.
The only annoying thing is that he has so many Ronaldo's posters on the turquoise walls. It's so annoying.

I like Ronaldo but seeing him on the walls of my brother's room is annoying.

"You're literally worshipping Ronaldo."

"What's your problem with that? What else are you waiting for? Leave my room now."

"Wait ah. Lemme check around your room." I opened his wardrobe and the first thing I saw our brightly coloured Super Eagles Jersey.

"Ah...Tunde...Gimme this Jersey."

"Go buy yours and ....who told you to open my wardrobe? Close that thing before I slap you."

I closed it immediately, not because I was afraid of his slap.....it's was getting boring staring at it anyway.

"So you've bought another head phone? Gimme the other one na," I took the shining black headphone and placed it around my neck.

"Jumoke....I'll slap you o....stop touching my things."

I love annoying this boy.

"So, have you talked to that new girl in the next block?" I asked.

"Why should I talk to her?"

"They are new, let's make them feel welcome and besides,she's a very pretty girl."

He didn't say anything, he just continued eating his food.

"Hmm.....he's not talking again. I'm suspecting something....You like her, right?" I nudged his arm and he glared at me.

"Go away from my room or else I'll injure you."

"Tunde likes her," I wiggled my brows and sang.

He took one of his sneakers and threw at me but I dodged.

"So what's na making you vex? If you don't like her,why are you na vexing? Don't worry go and shoot your shot.....I support you. Do you even know how to toast a girl? The only thing you know is food."

"I don't need to toast her, she'll fall for me herself. I'm too cute."

To be very honest, Tunde is actually very handsome but I never, ever tell it to his face.