Chapter 41. One More Race.

Jesse's POV

We pull up to the start line and we sit for a moment waiting for Mia to drop the flag.

We peel out the second the flag drops, and I can't even lie it's life or death and I'm scared as fuck to let my son down

As soon as we take the corner I drift around it expertly getting right in front of Damon. Damon get's up on my ass and cut's the next corner shorter then I do, he get's in front of me.

I try getting around him but he blocks me, then I think for a moment oh yeah...no rules.

I get up beside him quickly and slam into his rear driver side, Damon spins out of control and I fly right on by him.

I drift after I pass the finish line leaving that mother fucker in a cloud of smoke.

Emmett and Mia come running toward's me. I open my arms for Mia and she jumps into them wrapping her leg's around my waist.

"I knew you'd win Jess." She whispers and kisses me.

"Wow." Emmett whispers. 

Mia laughs and hops down off of me we turn to look at our son.

"Well come on boy, you had to of known you got that shit from somewhere." I tell him.

He laughs quietly and nods. "You may be a little better though." 

"More experienced." I correct him.

Damon pulls up and get's out of his car, we watch him as he walks toward's us in anger.

"Alright, alright." Damon says. "Your boy still has to beat them." 

Damon stares us down.

"He's my boy, you're gonna fucking lose and you know it." I say angry. "Let's just put this shit to an end Damon. It started with us let it end with us." I tell him.

"No." Damon says and walks back toward's the boys.

**********

Emmett beat's Ian easy hand's down, but now he has to race Mark. I don't know what kind of driver Mark is and Emmett doesn't either.

Emmett and Mark pull up to the start line.

"I got an address." Opie says quietly.

I look back at him and he show's me.

"I know the place." I whisper and watch as the boy's make their way around the track. 

I'm now about on the edge of my seat as Mark manages to get in front of Emmett.

"Oh fuck." I whisper.

************

Emmett's POV

Mark manages to spin me out and get in front of me.

"FUCK!" I scream throwing the car in reverse and going as fast as I can.