Chapter 8. School Project.

Emmett's POV

Isabella and I walk through the backdoor, my mom's standing at the stove. "Emmett, Emma's been calling." She says.

I take a deep breath and let it out. "Change our number then." I tell her.

Dad's sitting at the island and looks up.

He looks at us in confusion, he takes a deep breath and holds up one finger as if to speak but I stop him.

"Don't please." I whisper.

He chuckles and drops his hand then looks back down to the book he's reading.

"Isabella this is my mom Amelia Parker, You already met my dad Jesse." I say pointing at them.

Mom looks at me questioningly.

I roll my eyes and give her a nod.

"Nice to meet you." Isabella says shyly.

Nothing get's past my parent's ever.

"Let's go." I say to her.

We head up the stairs and a football comes flying down at us, I quick catch it and throw it at J.J.'s head. "What the fuck man, you know you ain't supposed to throw that in the house." I say sternly to him.

Isabella giggles.

J.J.  looks right past me to Isabella.

He says it before I even got time to stop him.

"Holy shit new girlfriend woofta this one is way hotter!" He hoots.

I face palm. "You've got three seconds-" That's all I get out before J.J. is right back up the rest of the stairs I wait until I hear his bedroom door slam shut.

I continue my way up the stairs. "Hi Em." Addison greets us at the top of the steps.

"Hey monkey." I say to her dragging my feet.

"You're tired." Addison says.

"I'm getting there." I yawn. "Go play." I tell her she turns around and goes straight into her room, her bedroom across from the steps, which used to be my nursery.

We go into my room and I shut the door as she walks in I bang my head against the door and turn around.

"Give me like 10 minutes?" I ask her.

"Sure." She nods.

I go into my bathroom quickly showering, drying off then throwing shorts and a muscle shirt on.

When I come out she's laying on my bed in shorts and a tank top which is riding up a little.

She looks over at me her eyes travel me head to toe then she blushes and looks away.

She does like me...

Don't even think about it stupid.

"Your family seems nice." She whispers looking down at her notebook.

"Really? I think they're a pain in the ass." I mumble and go to sit below the edge of the bed on the floor.

"You are grumpy a lot aren't you." She whispers.

I look up at her and her head isn't far from mine.

"No it's just been a rough few months." I whisper then look back down to the floor and pull my book bag up to me.

"Does that have to do with the person who has been calling you?" She says handing me my cell phone. "Emma keeps flashing across the screen." She add's.