Chapter 39. Missing.

Emmett's POV

"Have you tried to call her?" Dad asks me.

"Yes dad a thousand fucking times and texted her too, it's one in the morning." I tell him.

"Did something happen?" Mom asks arching an eyebrow.

I sigh and roll my head around in a slow circle cracking my neck. "We got in a fight." I admit.

Dad raises his eyebrows at me. "Look Em I hate to say it but that might be why she isn't coming home tonight. Your mother and I got into one of those once and she ignored me for two weeks." 

"I didn't ask her to come home I asked her to text me so I knew that she was okay." I tell him.

"Maybe she isn't looking at them." Mom says.

"Or maybe something really fucking bad has happened." I tell them. "I'm going to go look for her, I can't stay here and do nothing." I whisper. 

"Emmett it's late maybe you should jus-" I cut him off.

"If it was mom you about to tell me you wouldn't want to know if she's at least still breathing? She is carrying my baby and I love her more then anything, I have to know she is safe." I say sternly.

Dad turns to look at mom and kisses her.

"Then I'm going with." He says.

I nod and we head out the door, I let my dad drive the Challenger he isn't as anxious right now as I am.

We head down the road and into Atlanta.

"Did she say where she'd be?" Dad asks me.

"Yeah said she'd be at the library, some guy named Mark." I tell him laying my head back.

"Hmm, she say his last name?" Dad asks.

"I can't remember what it is I was pissed off, Mike found out earlier I've tried texting him but he's passed out." I tell him as I try to think of his last name.

My thought's are cut off when we pull up to the library and Isabella's Explorer is parked there.

"What the fuck." I whisper.

I jump out of the Challenger and run over to the Explorer. When I reach to open the driver side door I realize the door isn't latched. I open it up and the key is half in the ignition and her phone is there in the middle council.

"Got an explanation for this?" I ask spinning my head around to look at my dad. "Door wasn't even shut all the way dad." I add.

He takes a deep breath, when I look down I spot blood on the middle council  not a lot but a four spots of blood.

I point it out to my dad and he looks at it carefully. Dad calls Brady and tells him to get here.

When Brady show's up he looks the car over.

"We could add her to missing person's case, there's obvious signs of struggle." Brady says quietly.

"The last guy she was with he just moved here last week he's a senior his name is Mark, I can't remember his last name." I tell Brady.

"I'll find this guy Mark tonight one way or the other." Brady says nodding. "You two try to stay out of it though." Brady says sternly.

I laugh without humor. "Not a fucking chance Brady." I tell him.

Dad shrugs. "She's pregnant Brady, he loves her he isn't gonna let this go." Dad says.

Brady scratches his head in irritation but doesn't argue he just shrugs.

Dad and I head back to the Challenger, we head for home I know that there is nothing else I can do for the night.

Once we get home I let dad inform mom on what is going on and I go upstairs. I sit on the edge of my bed and put my head in my hand's.

I've never in my life felt so defeated. I keep repeating the fight we had in my head how I could of done it differently but it's to late.

I grab my laptop and sit down and begin searching through people on Facebook to see if I can find the guy.

************

Isabella's POV

The guy pushes me to the ground and laughs. "What do you want from me?" I plead. 

He laughs lightly. "Revenge." He whispers in a dark evil voice. 

He's just about to kick me in the stomach but I catch his foot in my hand's and flip him, he lands on his back. 

I quickly stand up and run for the stair's. As soon as I open another door there's a man standing there smiling at me. "Hello Isabella, it's a pleasure to meet you." He says quietly and smirks.

He grabs my arm pulls me back toward's the other guy. 

The other guy stand's off the concrete floor and he's just about to punch me in the stomach as the other guy hold's one of my arm's.

"Wait!" I scream.

**************

Emmett's POV

My dad comes into the living  room by noon.

"We got a last name on that guy, Brady went to his house according to this Mark kid he went to the library but he left before she did, she said she was going to stay behind and study longer." Dad says. "Some person vouched for him that he was home by 5:30 P.M. according to the librarian also that Isabella didn't go out to her vehicle until closing but the librarian doesn't recall when Mark left." Dad explains. 

"Is there more?" I ask him. "Do you know the person's name who vouched for him?" I ask.

Dad nods and knit's his eyebrows together.

"Come on dad names last name the voucher's name give me something?" I ask him.

"Yeah kid sorry just trying to remember what Brady said." Dad says.

There's a knock on the door I go over and grab it letting my dad ponder. 

It's Brady of all people.

"Great you are always right on time Brady!" I say beaming at him. "Now Brady tell me WHAT ARE THE FUCKING NAMES?!" I yell the last part.

Brady arches an eyebrow at me confused as to why I'm yelling at him.

"Which one?" He asks stepping around me.

"The voucher and Marks." I tell him.

He nods. "Yeah ya know it's weird I was looking into Marks background." Brady says looking over at my dad with a strange expression.

My dad looks at him in confusion. "What?" Dad asks.

I look at Brady wondering the same thing.

Mom comes walking into the living room too. "What's happening?" She asks worriedly.