Chapter 29. Cabin.

Emmett's POV

It's Christmas break and we are headed to the cabin up north in Minnesota for the holiday's mom want's to because it's my last Christmas as a "child."

I think it's sort of crazy, but I think Bella will like it too.

We're staying up there for two weeks Bella informed her manager of it in advance as well.

Everyone is going up there with us it's gonna be Jammed there but luckily my dad has slightly remodeled it adding a few bedrooms now making it 10 bedrooms plus he built a guest cabin, sort of ridiculous if you ask me.

Grandpa and Grandma Parker are going, so are Grandma and Grandpa Hernandez, Opie's family including Bobby and Maggie, Jordy's family, Noah and Frank's families as well. 

I told mom and dad if Bella and I don't get our own room I ain't going, they agreed to give us our own room.

Grandma Parker is doing really good getting around better and everything we took her Thanksgiving food since she was in the hospital during Thanksgiving that really sucked Grampa was real torn up about it too.

I'm taking one of my dad's trucks because it snows heavily up north this time of year. It'll just be Isabella and I because we're hauling the luggage.

My dad and mom is taking the Expedition, all four of my grandparent's and Alyson is riding in a vehicle together. Opie's family is taking an expedition, Jordy's taking a truck Nicky and Kelly are riding with him., Noah and Frank are taking separate vehicles too.

Everyone's chipping in for gas because nobody really want's to fly up north. Everyone is staying at our house tonight to get up at four in the morning and leave by 5 A.M.

I can't believe we are trying to fit 39 people in our house, sure our house is big, but it ain't that fucking big our cabin is bigger then our house.

However we are simply forced to make it work. 

Isabella and I spend the night on a fold out couch in the living room, with a bunch of other kid's surrounding us.

"This sucks." I whisper.

"Eh I've had worse." She whispers.

I kiss her softly and she lays her head back down on my chest, I pull her closer to me intertwining our leg's.

"I love you." I whisper kissing her head.

"I love you too." She whispers.

I yawn. "Don't snore." I chuckle. "You'll wake everyone." 

She snorts. "You snore."

I chuckle quietly.

"Shut up." Anna throws a pillow at us.

"You shut up twinkie!" I whisper shout throwing a pillow back at her.

Isabella laughs.

We settle down and finally fall asleep.

************

I feel somebody nudge me.

"Honey you want some coffee." Mom whispers.

"Sure." I mumble.

It's way to early for this shit I lower Bella off my chest and sit up rubbing my eyes.

Everything we need is pretty much already packed away in the vehicles aside from our phones.

I follow mom into the kitchen where all the adult's that are driving are already awake.

She pours me a cup and hand's it to me I lean up against the counter next to my mom.

"Should just start taking a plane." I grunt.

Dad laughs. "And miss all the sight seeing?" He asks.

"Sight seeing." I snort and roll my eyes mom chuckles and nods in agreement with me.

Isabella walks into the kitchen.

"Coffee honey?" Mom asks her.

She yawns putting a hand over her mouth. "Mmm yes please." She whispers.

We sip our coffee quietly not wanting to wake up the kids.

After about a half hour of talking about the long drive we're all about to endure Mom and the other girls decide to go wake up the other kid's.

Isabella and I head out to the truck the rest begin to pile out of the house too, dad double checks to be sure everything is locked up.

I get up into the truck and Bella slides in next to me with our coffee cups handing mine too me.

I take it and flip the lid open taking a sip and setting it in a cup holder.

We pull out of the driveway and head down Nine Mile road.

I go ahead of them because my truck was nearest to the end of the driveway parked in the front yard.

I know the drive up there but I know dad want's us to stick together because my parent's first Christmas together my dad lost control of his truck and nearly went down a steep embankment.

We pull down to the end of 9 mile road and then head left out of Atlanta up the highway.

************

 By 8 P.M. we only got one more hour.

"Wow it's snowing heavy." Isabella whispers.

I nod in agreement, I grab a cigarette and light it.

"We'll be fine baby." I tell her grabbing her hand and intertwining our finger's

We continue up the snowy roads in the dark and I hit a patch of ice.

"Em?" Isabella asks worriedly, I let go of her hand quickly trying to correct the truck but the truck suddenly has no traction.

We go skidding down the highway at 45 miles an hour and I got no brakes, and no gas.

I steer the truck trying to keep away from the steep embankment a long side the highway.

The truck nears the edge of the road toward's the embankment.

When I correct the truck I over correct it.

"Fuck." I say loudly.

"Oh my god Emmett!" Isabella screams throwing her hands over her eyes in horror.

My eyes are wide open as we cross into the other lane and A semi is heading straight for our truck.

Adrenaline seems to kick in Isabella's screaming sounds so loud and almost slow motion. I hear the horns behind me blaring and the semi horn blaring.

"Emmett!" She screams.