Chapter 32

I reached out for Thomas but he wasn't there. I opened my eyes with a groan and looked around the room for him. He wasn't here. I sat up groaned and pulled my tank top down and the tie off my neck. Since he wasn't here I need to throw this outfit out.

I yawned and stood up to stretch as the hotel door opened and Thomas walked in. He was eating an ice cream cone. He smiled at me and walked towards me.

"No!" I said and he furrowed his eyebrows at me. "No! Don't touch me!"

"What? I just wanted to give you a kiss. Do you want some ice cream." He asked held the cone out.

"I'm taking a bath."

"Can I join?"

I closed the bathroom door behind me and started the bath water. I poured bubble bath soap in and then stripped the outfit off and pulled my hair into a bun. I shoved the outfit in the trash can then got in the tub and closed my eyes.

"Love. Can I join you?"

"Sure. If you can find room."

"I'll just lay on you like the dude in Pretty Woman."

"Really? You like Pretty Woman?" I asked and looked at him.

He stripped down and got in the tub. He leaned back and placed his head on my shoulder. I wiped soap on his face and laughed.

"My mother liked to watch it all the time."

"So, I'm your prostitute?" I said and laughed. "Why are you so sweaty?"

I grabbed a washcloth off the tub and began to wash his face as he groaned and moved his head. I began to wash his chest as he placed his hands on my thighs.

"I went to the gym."

"The gym? You don't run."

"You don't need to run at the gym. I was lifting."

"Then you went and got ice cream. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of going to the gym?"

"Shush."

I laughed and ran my fingers across his collarbone as he shivered. I slid my hands down his arms and squeezed his muscles.

"You need to lift more."

"What! I wasn't even flexing."

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his chest as his hands slid to my knees. I closed my eyes as I ran my fingers across his chest.

"What do you want to do today Tessa?"

"Go to the nudist beach."

"No." He said and sat forward to look at me. "I told you no."

I stuck my bottom lip out and gave him puppy dog eyes. He looked away I drew my knees up shaking my head at him.

"Why? What is so wrong about going to the beach? We can find a secluded section and nobody will see us."

"Nobody will be seeing you naked and that's final!" He snapped and glared at me.

"You've been to one before!" I said and glared back at him.

"How do you know that?"

"Dylan told me. He said that you two went together. Why you two went together I'll never know." I said and stepped out of the tub grabbing a towel. "Why is it so bad that I want to go?"

"Because you're sexy and I don't want people looking at your body and getting ideas."

"You'll be with me Thomas." I sighed and wrapped the towel around me.

"That doesn't matter. People still try to talk to you. Look at Costa Rica and New York. I don't want you to leave me Tessa."

"Leave you? I never wanted to leave you expect when you first kidnapped me. But you sent me away. I was drunk in Costa Rica and I was mad at you for being with Isabella. I was using the guy to make you mad and to feel something. What happened in New York?"

I could think of anything happening in New York. Mostly Thomas and I walked around Manhattan since he never seen it before. A guy tried to dance with him at a club, but that was it.

"Luke. At that pizza shop. He wanted you to go with him. Dylan told me about him finding you at your apartment. He kissed you." He ran his fingers threw his hair and looked at the wall. "I can't complete with him. He's like a redheaded Captain America whereas I look like dork. You deserve someone like him, but I'm too selfish to let you go."

"Tom. I hate Luke. I was with him because he was there during a hard time in my life. He was all I had left after my parents died. He was safe. But he didn't love me. He only wants me now because the other girl dumped him." I sat at the edge of the tub and turned his face to look at me. "I don't need a muscled man or a rich man. I just want someone who loves me for me and will respect me. That's you Thomas. I love you. I don't care that you don't look like Captain America. I want someone who acts like Captain America, someone who will keep me safe no matter what. Someone who will respect me and love me. That's you. I never needed anything but you. I love you and I always will. Don't say you don't deserve me. If I hear you say that again I might have to kick your ankle." I leaned down and captured his lips with mine.

I tangled my fingers into his hair as his hands went to my thighs. He began to tug at the towel but I laughed and got back up. He looked at me as he plead for me to get back in the tub.

"Tess you started something that I need help finishing."

"Let's go to that beach and then I'll help you." I said and smirked at him as I left the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~
"Remind me to never have sex on the beach again." I breathed as Thomas kissed my neck.

"This was your idea. I just complied to your demand." He said and pulled me against his bare chest. "If my arse gets sunburnt I'm going to be mad."

"Then roll over." I laughed and tried to turned him over.

His body pressed my back onto the beach towel and I locked my legs around his waist as he groaned. I rolled my eyes as his lips touched my collar bone and his hands ran down my sides.

"No more sex. I will be cleaning sand from my hair for weeks."

"Then you shouldn't have wrapped your legs around my waist." He said as his hands tightened on my waist.

~~~~~~~
Author's Note
The next chapter may not be up until next weekend. I have finals coming up and won't be able to work on this story. Also Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare has come out today and I'll be reading that.
Good luck to any Shadowhunters fans out there. This book with be the death of me!
Sorry again for the wait!
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!
❤️