Chapter 7

His hands travelled up under my shirt and I raised my right hand. The smack echoed throughout the apartment and Luke stepped back, but kept his hands on my waist. It pushed him away and stumbled down the hallway.

"Dylan! Dylan!" I shouted as Luke grabbed me again.

My back hit the wall and his lips were back on mine. He began to whisper my name over and over and I tried to push him away.

"My Tess! My Tessa!" He said.

"Hands off!" Dylan shouted and punched Luke in the face.

Luke fell to the ground and Dylan pulled me behind him. He stood over Luke as he wiped blood off his face. His nose was gushing blood and I really hoped Dylan broke it.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I shouted and tried to move around Dylan, but he kept me back.

"I came to see you! You were gone for so long." Luke said and pushed himself up. He didn't seem mad about his nose. It wasn't the first time her got punched there. "I missed you!"

Missed me! MISSED ME! He moved on from me in a week. He never cared that I was gone only Kevin did. But he has the nerve to come her and kiss me and tell me he missed me.

"Missed me! You never cared that I was gone. You were with that stupid waitress from the coffee shop!" I shouted as Dylan tried to quiet me down.

Dylan hands grabbed my waist as he turned towards me and began to whisper that it was not worth it. The Luke was not worth it. I looked passed Dylan's shoulder and saw the jealous look on his face. Is he began serious? He's really getting jealous about Dylan touching me. I leaned into Dylan who tensed up and Luke got even more jealous.

"I know Tessa and I'm sorry about being with that girl. I love you! I always have. I messed up! I'm sorry!"

"Did she break up with you? Is that why you are here?"

"Tessa please."

"Did she break up with you?"

"Yes."

"Get out!" I yelled and lunged at him.

Dylan's arms caught me before I could slap Luke again. I was his back up. Only good enough for him after he gets dumped.

"Tessa please." He said again and reached to give me a hug.

"Don't fucking touch me! I'm not your back up! I will not be treated like that!" I screamed. "Get out of my apartment!"

"Tessa." He started but Dylan grabbed him and pushed him towards the door.

The door closed with a click and Dylan threw that lock home and turned back to me. I stood leaning against the wall as tears flowed down my cheeks.

"Why? Why am I not good enough for people? Why Dylan?" I said and slid to the floor and placed my head on my knees. "Luke wants me as a back up and Thomas left me because he was bored. What did I do to deserve this?"

"You didn't do anything Tessa. They don't deserve you." Dylan said and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

~~~~~
I sat on my bed staring up at the ceiling. The five painkillers I took were not taking effect and every time I close my eyes I see Thomas. Then I feel guilty for Luke and Kevin kissing and touching me, even though I didn't kiss back.

I still only wanted Thomas, even after everything he did and is doing to me. I still wanted him. But I can't sleep because I'll see him. I'll see him, but can't have him and that'll make me more upset.

I just wanted to be with him and hold him. I wanted to lay my head on his chest and fall asleep. I wanted to cuddle with him on the couch. Bother him as he made lunch or try to make dinner. Walk with him in the woods. Run my fingers through his hair. Making love to him as he whispers my name over and over.

I slid out of bed and opened my closet. My suitcases sat on the floor and I pulled them out and began to throw clothes in. I didn't know what to pack so I packed everything.

I hoped to not come back.

I closed the suitcases and stood to get dressed. I put jeans and a t-shirt on and slipped my sneakers on as sunlight came in through the window. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was eight o'clock.

I opened the bedroom door and pulled the suitcases down down the hall as Dylan walked out of the living room yawning. He waved to me then noticed the suitcases and grabbed my hand.

"Where are you going?" He asked and tried to grab the suitcase.

"I going to London, to see Thomas."