Chapter 28

"Tess wake up! Tessa!" Thomas said and shook my shoulders.

"Why can't you let me sleep. We don't need to do anything today. Go away!" I said and rolled over.

"Tess get up. We need to leave."

"You can leave the room before I punch you."

He sighed and pulled the covers off me and I threw the pillow at him and grabbed his to throw. His hands grabbed my wrist and pressed me into the mattress.

"Tess. Will is here we need to leave."

"Are you sure? Why did you leave the apartment?"

"I wanted one of the those muffins we had the other day. I saw him when I left the shop."

"Are you sure? Your probably mistaken. It was probably someone who looked like him."

"Tessa have you seen many people with eyebrows like his." He said and pulled me up and out of the bed and to my closet.

He had already begun to pack his clothes in his suitcases. He opened my closet and pulled my suitcases out.

"Where did you get this coat?" I asked and grabbed his sleeve.

The coat was a faded green with leather sleeves and the collar was cotton on the inside. He never had the coat before.

"Saw it in the window of an antique store. I brought it and a new boombox, that I had shipped to London." He said and kissed my cheek. "Get dressed and don't forget your lingerie."

"Are we going to London?"

"I don't know yet." He answer as he threw more clothes in his luggage.

"What about my things here? We probably won't come back to New York."

"I'll pack it up and ship it to London. Just please get dressed."

~~~~~~~
"Tess, Love. Your luggage is in the taxi and your things are being sent to London. Come on. We need to leave." Thomas said and grabbed my hand.

He pulled me towards the door and I dropped the apartment key on the table by the door. He pushed me into the taxi and told the driver to go to the airport.

"Are we going to Rome? Or Greece? Paris? Ireland?" I asked as the taxi got on the freeway.

"I was thinking the Bahamas. I'm tired of rain, so no Europe. Have you been to the Bahamas before?"

"No."

"Good. Now I can see you in your bikini again."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the window as he kissed my cheek. The bikini is the real reason we're going to the Bahamas. His lips moved to my neck and I pushed him away.

"Did you pack the lingerie?"

"Maybe." I said and smirked at him.

"You better have." I said and began to kiss my neck again.

~~~~~~~
I laid on Thomas's chest as his hands ran up and down my bare back. His fingers ran through my hair as I sighed and closed my eyes.

It was nice to be in his arms. It reminded me of London before he sent me away.

His fingertips caused goosebumps to appear on my back and I shiver. He laughed as I lifted my head up and look at him.

"What is the Sinaloa Cartel?" I asked as I rested my head back on his chest.

His hands stopped on the middle of my back as he sighed. I looked back up at him as his hands travelled to my shoulders.

"It's a drug group in Argentina that is a rival of Isabella's dad. He's tried take them over, but nothing worked. They have always tried to end his group."

"Are you done selling drugs?" I asked and ran my finger along his collar bone.

"Yes. I was done when we left Argentina."

"Then why is Will after us?"

His hand cupped my cheek as his other rested in the middle of my back. His thumb rubbed across my cheekbone as I stared down at him.

"Gilliam is mad that I left without his consent. He likes to be in control of people. He didn't like that he couldn't control you or keep things from you." He said as both his hands slid down my back to my waist.

"He wants to kill you. Kill you and Dylan."

"I know, he's always wanted to kill me since I first left him after meeting Dylan. I'll handle it when he comes. That's why we can't go to London yet. He'll keep a watch there."

"What about him and Arthur raping me?" I asked and shivered.

He pulled the covers up around us and wrapped his arms around me as I pushed hair behind my ear. He rolled us over so I was on my back and he hovered over me.

"Tessa I won't let them touch you. If they do so much as lay a hand on you I'll kill them. I promise you Tess, I'll kill them." He said and kissed my cheek and then my lips.

His fingers dug into my hair as his lips went to my neck. My hands went to his hair as I closed my eyes.

"They will never hurt you. I love you. I always will."