Chapter 15

"I was in my eleventh year of school, sixteen, almost seventeen years old. My parents were divorced and my mother was sick. She was rising my sister and I on her own, with no help from my father. But when she got sick, she couldn't work, so the money quickly ran out as the bills went unpaid and her medical bills, just kept going up and nothing was helping her. The stress of taking care of two kids wasn't helping her health either.

I had a job, but that didn't pay enough, and my sister couldn't work because she was only fourteen. I couldn't find another job, until I witnessed a drug deal at school. I needed quick money. I needed to pay the bills.

The dealer was a year older then me and was Jack's cousin, so he knew me and was happy to get me started. Having me he could move farther up the chain. He could become the supplier and make more money, then just being a dealer.

My first deal was to, two fourteen year olds. It was only a couple grams of cannabis, but I made £200. I got deeper into the black market selling and began to sell stronger drugs; cocaine, heroin and so on. The harder the drug, the more money it brought.

I had told my mother I just picked up another job and was working more hours, which technically wasn't a complete lie. I also began to skip school, to sleep and just wanting to sell more.

My mother was getting better and was able to go back to work, and then my partner Eric was killed. A drop off went wrong and he was shot. I got scared, so I ran away. I wanted to get out of the business, I didn't want to die.

I stopped answering my boss, who was no longer Jack's cousin. I had switched to another, more powerful person, who worked for Isabella's father. I pissed him off, so he wanted me dead.

I had been in the business for two years. I was nineteen and Ava was sixteen and had just gotten her license. She asked to use my car to go to the mall with her friends. An hour later, a cop showed up at my mother's house and he told us Ava was dead. An accident happened on the bridge, she was hit and her car flipped over the side of the bridge.

I was supposed to be in the car. Arthur Roberts, was the man I pissed off. He was also the guy that flipped out on you, also on the first day was telling you to take your top off. Which was what I think he was doing." Thomas said and looked down at the table.

"Yes." I said and wrapped my arms around myself as Thomas reached across the table, as if to touch me, then put his hands back on his lap.

"He's a sick man, very gross, likes to date younger women. Anyway, he ordered me dead, and he knew what my car looked like, since he was the one that gave it to me.

After the cop left I was heartbroken and guilty. I came clean to my mom. I told her everything. I told her how Ava's death was my fault.

She kicked me out, saying she never wanted to see me again. I had nothing, then I met Will. He pulled me back into the business and became my new partner. I had begun to work for Isabella's father and that was how I met her. We starting dating and two years later I met Dylan.

I was twenty-one and he was twenty. He was knew to the business and was brought over from America. I knew he still had family, he just wasn't talking to them. I made it my mission to save him. I didn't want him to mess up like I did.

Dylan and I became best friends, and partners, Will was always jealous of that. Dylan and I worked together for a year and a half, when he told me Isabella was cheating on me with Will.

Now, I was only with her, because she brought me more money. I became her father's favorite over Arthur, who hated me even more now. But he couldn't touch me because of Isabella's father, who again is a very powerful man.

After that I broke up with her and tried to slowly get Dylan and I out of the business. Then I saw you.

I walked into that coffee shop and saw you. The moment I saw you I was gone. There in the shop I told Dylan I wanted out of the business. I know kidnapping you wasn't the best choice to get a girl, but I still got you anyway." He said and smiled at me.

"Will came to the house because I wasn't answering Isabella's father, Gilliam, on his job offers. That pissed him off, so he was coming after me.

That is why you had to leave. I couldn't let you get hurt. I couldn't have what happened to Ava, happen to you.

I told Gilliam that this was my last job for him. It was going to give me lots of money. I'm doing the job so I could live happily with you." Thomas said and took a drink of his water. "I've told you everything. That's why I'm here and how everything started."

He sat is cup back down and folded his hands on the table. He's a drug dealer. I fell and still love a drug dealer. I pushed my chair back and paced around the kitchen, trying to figure out how I missed the signs. Thomas stayed at the table but his eyes followed me as I walked.

"Thomas, you're never going to see that money." I said and buried my head in my hands. "There going to double cross you and kill you and Dylan. That's what Arthur and his friend were saying."

"Tessa, how do you know Spanish?"

"From school. Also my mother could speak many languages. That was her job. She translated for people who moved her and helped them learn English. She taught me Spanish since I was like four."

"You never told me." Thomas said and turned in his chair so he was facing me.

"You never asked."

I leaned back against the counter and tried to fathom the fact that I was in love with a drug dealer. My parents must be so happy with me. I began to laugh and Thomas furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Tessa?" He asked and stood up.

"Do you even care that I just told you somebody wants to kill you?"

"I'll handle it Tessa. Nothing is going to happen." He said and walked towards me.

"They said things about me to." I whispered and wrapped my arms around myself

"What." He asked and his hands curled into fists. "What did they say?"

"They will kill you and Dylan and then rape me. They'll do whatever they want to me."

"Tessa, I promise you that nothing will happen to you. They'll never touch you. If they do much as touch you arm, I'll kill them. I promise you."

His hands went to my waist, but I stepped away and walked around the table. He leaned against the cupboard biting his bottom lip.

"You're supposed to be with Isabella, so you can't touch me. After this is all over, I want to take it slow. Start like it's a first date. I just need time."

Thomas just rubbed his face and stared down at the ground. I need time to trust him again. I need time to think through all this information.

"Ok. As long as I can stay with you." He said.