The Devil Bought Me A Smoothie (Sam)

"So... this is weird."
"Tell me about it."
Lucifer had a smoothie in each hand and what he probably thought was a charming smile on his face.
"How is my favorite nerd couple?"
Sam and I exchanged the look, pursed lips and narrowed eyes. I sighed.
"What do you want?"
Lucifer pointed to our table, "I'll just set these down here?" He set the smoothies down and continued, "why can't I just come to visit a couple of my favorite hunters?"
Alright, that was enough. I whipped the knife out of my belt and pressed it to his neck.
"What the hell do you want!"
He smirked at me.
"Tut, tut, Y/N. You have to know that's not going to do you any good."
"Maybe it won't kill you, but the engravings and blood infusion will sure as hell hurt."
His smile fell and I could hear Sam chuckling behind me.
"Okay, fine. I'm honestly just trying to help."
"Sure you are," Sam said sarcastically and stepped beside me, "now what do you have to tell us?"
Lucifer heaved a dramatic sigh and started explaining.
"There's a rogue reaper, killing innocent souls before their time. He's in a small town down in Illinois and it's starting to become a problem."
"Why can't you take care of it?" I asked.
"I would love too, I just would rather not get involved in anything related to Death. He's still not over the whole binding him for the apocalypse thing."
"Yeah, neither are we," I muttered.
"Can you give us a moment?" Sam asked quickly, steering me off to the side.
"I think we should do it, Y/N."
"Whoa, what? You wanna just follow the literal devils orders?" I asked incredulously.
"He just gave us the tip, we go to save innocent people, not to follow his orders."
"Sam, he literally tortured you. He tried to start the apocalypse, a lot! How do we know he's not leading us into a trap?"
He looked out the window for a couple seconds, then back at me, his multicolored eyes full of emotion.
"We have to try."
I thought for a moment.
"Okay, I trust you. But if we die, I'm going to kill you."
He smiled and hugged me.
"You guys are so adorable."
We turned around the see Lucifer cupping his face in his hands.
"Thanks, Satan," I said with utmost sarcasm.
He winced.
"Ouch, that hurt."
"As bad as when you fell from heaven?" I asked tauntingly.
"Wow, so emotional. Is it that time of the month?"He said sweetly.
I gritted my teeth, ready to stab him, whether it did any good or not. Unfortunately, Sam pulled me back.
"Calm down you two. Lucifer, we'll do it. And, Y/N, stop trying to stab him," Sam said calmly.
Lucifer glared at me then smiled at Sam.
"Well, goodie. I'll be off then! See ya, Sasquatch and pipsqueak!"
Before I could call him some unsavory names, he disappeared and left Sam and I alone.
"So... where are we going?"
"He said Illinois, but not which town," Sam said.
"Well, that's not very helpful, is it?" I said, crossing my arms.
"Wait, no. He left some info next to the... smoothies," Sam said, eyeing the pink drinks suspiciously.
"We're not going to drink those," I said shortly.
Sam chuckled.
"I agree. Let's pack up and head out. Dean said he wasn't going to be back for a couple more days."
I nodded and we started gathering everything we needed. An hour later we were in my car and headed down the highway. After a couple hours of blasted music and too much fast food, we pulled into the small motel that was close to the town as we could get.
"How are we even going to trap it?" I asked, pulling my bag out of the back.
Sam got his bag and shut the car doors.
"When a reaper goes against his orders, he poses a lot of his protective power. I've got a trap in one of my books."
I nodded and we checked in. We spent most of the night taking turns researching and coming up with a solid plan. Morning came and we were ready.
"So one more time, let's run over it," Sam said.
"Sam, we've been over it," I said, sipping my coffee.
"Let's do it again, now that we have caffeine in our system," Sam pleaded and those puppy dog eyes sealed the deal.
"Okay, so the reaper is going after customers of Benny's diner, who are young. I go to the diner until the reaper tries to reap me, but he won't be able to because of the necklace. Then I'll lead him to where you painted the trap. He walks in, gets trapped, you say the magic words, and he gets sent to hell."
Sam nodded, then looked uneasy.
"Are you sure you want to be the bait?"
"I'm younger then you and I want a burger."
Sam chuckled.
"Alright, let's do this."
A burger and two milkshakes later, the reaper still hadn't shown. I ordered another plate of French fries and started shaking the ketchup.
"You're not going to get those fries," a shaky voice said.
I looked to my left and saw a old man in a long, black coat. Now with the plan, I was supposed to act dumb.
"Oh, is there a problem in the kitchen?"
His lips twisted into a grotesque smile and he reached for my shoulder.
"I think there's a problem with your heart."
He tapped my shoulder and I felt a pain over my left side, it wasn't bad enough that I felt I was having an actual heart attack, so I tried to keep my face free of pain. The necklace must be not as powerful as Sam had thought.
"My heart? No, I'm fine. Look, mister, I gotta go," I said, gathering my things and setting down enough money to cover my order.
"What are you? You should be dead!" He said with wide eyes.
"Sorry, um, have a good day."
I walked quickly away, but heard him behind me.
"No one can escape me! He promised!"
His voice got louder and louder and I started running. I ran out the door, the faint sound of the bell barely registering, and to the alley where Sam was waiting. My left side started hurting more and more, and I could feel myself getting out of breath. I finally reached the alley and took a sharp turn. I saw Sam at the end.
"Sam! He's coming!"
Sam nodded and reached out a hand to me. I ran to his side and turned around to see the reaper coming around the corner.
He walked forward, smiling.
"No one will ever escape me, you will die like the rest. He told me!"
"I don't think so," I said as he froze, reaching the edge of the trap.
He looked down at his feet, then back at us.
"What is this?"
Then he noticed Sam. His eyes full of fury, he spit at Sam's feet.
"Winchester!"
"Some random reaper," Sam remarked then started saying the words to the ritual.
I watched as the reaper yelled at us, screaming curses and threats until finally he dissolved into black dust. We stood in silence.
"Well, that's new," I said.
Sam put an arm around me.
"Yeah, but we did it."
This next part is sad. You've been warned.
I crossed my arms, nervous at our situation.
"I don't like this. It was almost too easy."
"Too easy?"
"Yeah, I..."
I trailed off, clutching my left side. After the adrenaline had gone, the pain had come back, twice as bad as before.
"Sam, he touched me earlier. I... think I'm having a heart attack," I said weakly and fell to my knees.
Sam held my shoulder.
"Y/N, stay with me. You're going to be okay!" He said frantically, starting to pick me up.
I felt my breath go shallower and the pain increase. This must be it. I was going to die.
"Sam, you need to know something."
"Hang on, no, we need to get you to the hospital!"
"Sam, I love and will always love you," I gasped a wave of pain rolling over me.
"No, don't say goodbye. You're going to be okay!" Sam exclaimed, tears starting to well in his eyes.
"You are the best... man I've ever met. Please, take care of yourself," I said weakly, barely above a whisper.
Now Sam was sobbing, holding me.
"Please, no!"
I clutched at his shirt and looked into his eyes, those beautiful eyes I had fallen in love with.
"I love you, Sammy," I whispered then everything melted into black.