Nougat (Jack Kline)

I personally love chocolate. Whether it's in cake or a drink or just a plain old Hershey's bar, I can't get enough. Sam and Dean make fun of my obsession, but I just hide the beer for a day and they quickly back off. Gabriel helps me out from now and then, bringing me some from his stash. So when Jack asked to try a piece of my chocolate bar, there was a major internal struggle. But those piercing blue eyes and hopeful smile made me realize I would probably jump off a bridge for the sweet nephilim. The poor guy had been through so much, the least I could do is share my chocolate.

"Sure," I broke off a piece and handed it to him, "here you go."

"Thank you," He softly said before biting into the chocolate. He tilted his head in a way that reminded me of Castiel. He smiled and nodded, like he had decided he liked it. I decided I was going to make sure that smile stayed on his face for a very long time. We'd gotten closer in the last week, as Sam had given him to my charge. For some reason, I had always been good at predicting the angels' next move. Dean said it was because I was so innocent and acted like a kid sometimes. To be fair, I was younger than Sam and Dean, but I had quickly proven myself to be a good hunter. Probably too good, I'm actually not as innocent as Dean would like to think. I sighed, thinking of the solo hunts and the dark path I had gone on before the Winchesters had found me.

"What are you thinking about?"

Jack's soft voice broke through my not so pleasant walk down memory lane.

"How much I like chocolate," I said, smiling slightly at him.

"I don't think that's true," he said.

That took me by surprise, I sighed and decided to come clean... mostly.

"I haven't had the greatest past. I was just reliving some unsavory memories."

The golden haired boy nodded solemnly.

"Sometimes the best people have the worst things happen to them. I think that's why it's so hard sometimes to keep going."

Woah. I hadn't examined life that deep since... like ever.

"Wow, you're the thoughtful type, aren't you?"

"We're all thoughtful, some of us just don't like what we're thinking so don't say it."

I couldn't think of anything to say except, "Oh."

We sat in silence, but it was a comfortable silence, the type that reminded you of simpler times. After a few minutes, he spoke again.

"You have been through pain, but your soul is so beautiful."

I look at him, but only for a moment before turning my gaze to my hands. I can not cry right now, I thought to myself, though tears were already beginning to well up in my eyes. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You are a good person."

Those simple words were enough to make the tears fall down my face and I covered my face with my hands. Jack pulled me close, hugging me. After a messy bit of snot and tears, I heard him ask.

"Am I doing it right?"

I looked up at him in confusion.

"Doing what right?"

"Hugging."

I hugged him tighter.

"Yeah, you're perfect."