Stay with me (Sam)

Your P.O.V.
I really shouldn't have had that last episode because now it was one in the morning and I was wide awake. Trudging to the kitchen in the bunker to get a cup of water, I stopped, hearing a noise. I cautiously walked to the edge of the hallway. Now that I was closer to the sound, I could tell it was someone crying. I walked faster to find Sam hunched over  on the couch clearly crying.
"Sam... are you ok?"
He looked up startled and hastily wiped his eyes.
"Yeah... I... no, I'm not."
He looked down at his hands obviously embarrassed. I sat beside him on the couch and put on a hand on his shoulder.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"Not really it's just... the last hunt was hard."
We had just gotten back that day from a hunt involving a demon, whose smart mouth had impacted us all, but I didn't think much about it. Demons are demons, that's what they do. We had exorcised it, but not before it made some nasty comments on why Sam wasn't good enough, eventually telling Sam it would benefit the world if he just killed himself. I brushed its comments off and came back the bunker. But seeing Sam like this made my heart break.
I slowly pulled him into a hug and surprisingly he hugged me tight in return. It felt good to comfort him because I knew Dean didn't always excel in this department. He laid his head on my shoulder and we stayed there in that position until we both fell asleep on the couch together.