Chapter 36

I packed up all the things the boys would need for the night and tomorrow. Diapers, pacifiers, stuffed animals, a few changes of clothes, Ness's medicine (just in case), and anything else they could possibly need.

They were staying at my parents' house tonight since Bobby's parents were there and they wanted to see the boys more before they left.

Sarah and Lauren were teaming up with Bobby to get the boys out of their swimsuits and into clothes. You'd think three people would be more than enough, but Ness was not having a good day so three people might not have been enough.

I came into the living room with the bag, seeing Lucas running around half naked and Ness fully dressed, laying on the floor, looking like he was on the edge of falling asleep. Lauren had Lucas's pants and Sarah and Bobby were discussing something on the couch.

They'd been oddly talking more than usual since Lauren came. Seemed a little suspicious, but I'd ask them about it later.

Since the boys would be away for the night, we'd invited Mark, Jon, and Cassidy as well. We weren't exactly sure what we'd be doing, but it'd be fun.

Somehow Lauren managed to get Lucas's pants on him and Bobby volunteered to take them over, so we strapped them in and they headed off.

I went right into our bedroom and got dressed as I was still in my bikini, other than a towel I had wrapped around me because I'd gotten chilly at the beach.

I walked into the living room to see that Sarah and Lauren had changed too. Sighing as I sat on the couch, I noticed I was a little chilly again. I normally was cold, but today I was colder than usual. I decided it was no big deal and covered up with a blanket before joining in on the conversation with Lauren and Sarah.

Jon arrived first, just walking in and shouting "I'm here!". He was just like Lucas.

"Come on in, Jon," Sarah said as she waved him into the living room.

"Well if it isn't Jon Duckworth," I said as he sat down in the chair next to the couch.

"Well if it isn't Christina Grimmie," he replied and glanced at the blanket. "Cold? As usual?"

"Yep," I answered.

"You should keep your house warmer," he said.

"Good idea," Lauren chimed in.

"So... Bobby is?" he asked.

"Taking the boys to my parents' house. His parents are there for the next two days and they wanted some 'quality time' with them," I answered.

"Actually..." Sarah started. "I think he's here right now."

I heard the door open and then close. "Bobby?!" I called.

"Yeah?" he answered as he walked through the kitchen and into the living room.

"Just wondering if it was you," I answered and looked up at him. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head before greeting Jon.

"You okay?" he asked as he sat down on the love seat across from the couch.

"Yeah, why?"

"The blanket," he said.

"Just a little cold," I answered.

We all continued talking and I noticed Bobby giving me somewhat worried-looking glances along with exchanging looks with Sarah every now and then.

"Bobby, um, can you come here for a minute?" I asked and led him into our bedroom.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" I asked and sat on the bed. Suddenly I was pretty warm.