Chapter 32

"You know, it's your fault we had to go to the ER," I said as we laid on the couch the same way we had before we argued.

"It's my fault, is it?"

"Yeah," I answered quietly.

"And how is it my fault?"

"You got me all stressed out about Denise," I answered.

"It wasn't me that got you stressed out about Denise, that'd be your imagination, my dear."

"I can't help but be paranoid. You seem distant lately," I said, looking up at him.

"I do?"

"Yes, you do. You wanna tell me about that?"

"I want to tell you that I'm not trying to be distant. And that I will not ever, like ever, cheat on you. Ever," he said and kissed the top of my head.

"I know, I know. It's just hard to get everything to work, you know? We both have jobs and there's the paps and our kids and this new baby and the house and touring and everything in between and I can't keep everything straight."

"I know. That's why I'm here to help you. You know, there's a reason we got married."

"Yeah but I always thought the reason was because you were in love with me and I was in love with you and so that we could kiss without everyone rolling their eyes," I said, looking at him expectantly.

"Yeah, but there was more to it than that," he said before leaning down and kissing me upside down.

"Yeah?" I asked. "Liiike what?"

"You're always egging me on for romantic stories and stuff, why don't you tell me the other reasons we got married?" he said.

"Ah so you can't think of any more?" I have him a hard time.

He sighed. "Fine then, let's take turns. You go first."

"No, you go," I said.

"You suck. Fine, I'll go," he said and squeezed my hand. "Another reason I married you was... to finally have sex with you."

"Bobby!" I said and swatted him.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I married you because I didn't want to risk you being able to go and date someone else and forget about me."

"Aw that's so selfish," I said.

"To be honest, it's hard for me to not be selfish when it comes to you," he answered.

"Okay, another reason I married you was... to finally get to start a family."

"So to have sex?"

"Bobby!" I said, swatting him again. "No, to start a family."

"And how do you start a family, my dear?"

"Well, it starts with getting married," I answered.

"Why do you keep hitting me?" he asked, looking down at me.

"You keep talking about sex."

"What's wrong with that? There's literally a song about talking about sex."

"I don't like talking about sex with you," I said quietly.

"If you're gonna talk to someone about it, why wouldn't it be me?" he asked.

"Because then you start trying to get compliments or you start an actual conversation about it and then I get awkward and squirm around in awkwardness and you make fun of me for squirming around," I answered.