Chapter 12

"I've been thinking about asking management about going on tour again." I said.

He sat for a minute, complete silence.

"Well, if you want to. And you'd be fine with it. I'm on board." he said and glanced at me.

"Really?" I asked, somewhat surprised.

"Of course. I love you, Christina. I know that touring makes you happy and if you want to do it then of course I'll support you in that." he answered.

I smiled. "I love you, too."

There was a slight pause.

"My only concern is bringing the kids everywhere with us. You have to come. You're the drummer in the band that plays behind me. You were planning on coming with, right?!" suddenly I started panicking.

"Yes, I caught onto that." he answered calmly.

My breathing slowed and I continued. "So, I'm just scared that bringing Ness and Lucas'll be too much of a challenge. Or that they'll get homesick. Or scared being in a different place. And Ness is still so little we'd have to plan everything out. And w-"

"Calm down, baby. We'll figure it out. If we have to, we can tour for two or three weeks and then spend a week at home and keep going like that. It'll work out if you want it to." he said calmly.

I sighed. "Okay." I whispered.

"You need a day alone I think. I feel like you're extremely stressed for no apparent reason. I think you should make a little escape sometime, maybe tomorrow even. Just go to a park or something and read out of the bible, or have a spa day with your mom. Something to calm you down."

"You know," I said, "those aren't really horrible ideas."

"See? I do know best." he said.

"I wouldn't go as far to say that, but you sometimes come in handy. Maybe I'll keep you around a little longer." I joked.

"So... tomorrow? Or really it can be anytime, just try to do it soon. I really want my good old regular goofy Christina back." Bobby said.

"Yeah, tomorrow probably. I'll ask my mom when we pick up Ness and Lucas if she wants to hang out after church tomorrow." I paused and thought. "Maybe... Mark would even come and help you out with the children, while they're napping you could probably play some video games. I know you miss them even more than me. You'd just have to be quiet."

"Yeah, that might be nice. I just feel kinda bad for your dad. He'll be stuck alone at your parents' house."

"Maybe you could invite him over to our place to play video games with you and Mark." I joked, we both knew that would be a fail.

"Nah, he might like his alone time." Bobby replied.

I then noticed we were in my parents' driveway. "Here we go." I said as I unbuckled my seat belt.

Bobby sat silently and looked at me, not moving at all. So I sat, immobile. Staring right back at him.

Finally after what seemed like forever, I broke the silence. "What?" I whispered.

"Nothing. Let's go." he said and unbuckled himself.

I sat for a minute as he got out and I finally opened my door. "What was that about?" I asked as we walked up to my parents' front door.

"Nothing. Just thinking about how I won't be able to do this," he stopped and kissed me quickly, "when Lucas and Ness are in the car."

I smiled. "I guess it's good you got it in now then." I said as I knocked on the door.