Chapter 29

"You're lucky I'm not all that tired and that I truly love you. It's 9:00 at night and you want to cook, have a dance party, calm down with some 'remember when...' stories, and then get revenge?" He answers, glaring at me.

"Revenge on you, babe. For earlier."

"Oh lord," he says and looks up. "What have I gotten myself into?"

I smile and take his hand, pulling him out of our bed.

"Cooking time!"

Bobby and I have always had at least twice a year when at night we get bored and do something fun. But at the house. I loved our second year of it, when we stayed up for, like, two hours cooking. Neither of us are amazing chefs, and that's the fun of it.

Who wouldn't want to have a dance party? As long as we keep it quiet, it's no big deal. A lot of fun and even a little romantic if a slow song happens to play.

"Remember when..." stories are like my favorite cute couple-y thing ever. I sound like such a girl, but it's true! Just sitting and remembering the best and worst times, just the most memorable times is just so much fun. Sure, sometimes it causes arguments, but that's why you choose your memory wisely.

And the revenge? That should've been expected. Two can play this game, Plizak.

We take out two recipe books each, all gifts from someone. We seriously aren't the biggest chefs at all. I look through desserts mainly and Bobby seems to just be flipping to random pages and deciding what looks interesting and what doesn't.

We finally decided on the simple ham and pickle roll-ups and some kind of chocolatey bars called "Can't Leave Them Alone Bars."

After about an hour of preparing everything and preheating the oven, everything was done. Or baking.

I smiled up at Bobby as we each ate a ham and pickle roll-up. It happens that the two things we made had my little craving foods in them.

"You know what's next," I said, grinning.

Everyone knew how horrible I was at dancing. But it was literally so much fun, even being horrible at it. I think that's what made it so enjoyable. I was so bad that it made the experience even better.

"Christina," Bobby started. I could sense the concern in his voice. "The baby," he finished, placing a hand lightly on my stomach.

Jumping around really wouldn't be helping out little baby number three.

"One song? A slow one?" I begged.

After about a minute he answered, "Fine."

I smiled as he took my hand and led me into the living room. I grabbed my iPod off of the coffee table and put on Can You Feel The Love?, putting the volume up about halfway and winning as I set it down.

"M'lady," Bobby said sarcastically, dramatically putting his hand out. "May I have this dance?"

I took his hand with a smile. "Of course."

We started silly, doing weird little dips and over dramatic moves, but ended somewhat seriously. I smiled up at him and went on my tip toes, failing at trying to get to his height to kiss him. To help me out he put his arms around me, a little like a hug, and lifted me up slightly. I just barely made it, but I placed a tiny kiss on his lips before he set me down.

He leaned down a little and lifted my chin up and kissed me, more than just a tiny kiss. We were stopped about thirty seconds later when the timer went off for the bars.

"Now," he started as he opened the oven, "I'm no professional, but I'd say these look done."

I grabbed some oven mitts and put them on before taking the bars out and he shut the oven, turning it off as I placed the pan on the stove.