Chapter 16

I ran off the stage to find Ness and Lucas and meet up with Bobby and Mark.

I saw Ness almost immediately after coming offstage.

"Where's Lucas?" I asked anxiously to the sound guy holding Ness.

"Uh... I don't know where he went, he was running around here just a little bit ago. I'm sure he just met up with his Dad or something, nothing to worry about," he said as he handed Ness to me.

"Okay," I said with a deep breath, "thank you so much!"

I turn around and walk over to Bobby, who's talking to Mark and Jon - alone.

"Bobby?" I say as I tap him on the shoulder.

He turns around quickly. "Yeah?"

"Any chance you've seen Lucas running around here?" I asked and tried to hide the worry in my voice.

He glanced around before replying, "No.... is everything okay?"

"No..... Not.... Not really," I answered between deep breaths, trying to calm down.

"He was just back here while we were on stage right?" Bobby asked and I could hear the worry bubbling up in his voice too.

"Yeah, but now..." I took a deep breath, "he's not here anymore. Obviously."

"Crap. Crap crap crap," he said and turned around.

I stood with Lucas, trying to calm myself down as Bobby told Mark and Jon what was going on.

"I'm gonna go by the tour buses and look guys. You guys figure out where you're all gonna look." I said as soon as I heard they were all up for looking.

There was a crew packing everything up, we were supposed to move to our next destination tonight.

"I'm not leaving without him," I said before turning around.

The sound crew said they'd look and some of the tech people could too, so we had about thirty people out on the look for him. He had to be somewhere in the building. Unless someone saw him and took him with them or something like that. But as far as anyone knew, he hadn't left the backstage area.

I quickly came back to the tour buses with Ness pulled close to me. My vision got blurry and I knew I was losing it.

"Lucas?" I asked somewhat quietly as I came into our tour bus.

Slowly, my voice got stronger. "Lucas?!" I called in a wavering voice.

I wanted to leave Ness in his crib so he could sleep, but I couldn't just leave my five month old baby alone on a tour bus.

So I carried him with me onto Mark and Jonathan's bus.

"Lucas?!" I called again. Tears were streaming down my face and I knew I must look terrible, with all my make-up running down my face.

"Lucas?!" I heard not only me calling it, but people outside.

At least I knew I could count on everyone here to care about me and my family.

I searched each tour bus three times, carrying Ness along with me.

I didn't find any sign of him.

I came back to the arena, hurriedly looking for Bobby or Mark.

I looked around quickly, finding Mark looking through all the cases that he could possible fit in.

"Mark, where's everyone looking?" I asked quickly.

"Everywhere. Most are looking out where concessions and the bathrooms were. There are like five people downstairs."

Downstairs was the dressing rooms, I had one, Mark and Bobby shared one, Ellie had one, and the other opening band split and shared two rooms.