Chapter 13

**THREE MONTHS LATER**

"Here we are." I said as I pulled my suitcase onto the tour bus.

"Here we are." Bobby repeated softly.

"Here we are!" Lucas screamed.

"Okay, when we're on the tour bus from now on we don't scream, Lucas." Bobby instantly said to him.

Ness didn't want to miss out on the fun and babbled along joyfully.

He seemed to have grown so much recently. He was so little when we talked about tour. But now he was rolling over, babbling a lot, even eating pieces of banana.

The plan was we'd tour for a month, take a week off and then tour for another month. We'd take another week off and then your for another month, but only half would be in the U.S. and the rest would be in Canada. The North American tour ended there and so far management wasn't sure if we were going to other countries yet.

This tour bus was bought new this year because the other one I used didn't have enough room for the boys on it. My old tour bus went to Mark and Jon and anyone else who happened to be playing in the band other than Bobby.

"Okay, Lucas how about you go in here," I opened the door, "and Daddy will help you put your stuff away while I get Ness's stuff put in.

We'd already brought in the crib and bed and two dressers. I filled up Ness's while Bobby put Lucas's clothes in his dresser.

There was a little room with a couch where we could all hang out and it had a kitchen area right by it. There was a "little potty" as I often called it and a shower across the hall from it with a bath for Lucas and Ness. Also there was a back room where most of the writing would be done and another room next to it that would be where I'd probably spend most time with Ness and Lucas.

Then there was the boys' room and, of course, the room Bobby and I would stay in.

I finished putting Ness's stuff away and went into our room. I quickly put our clothes away while keeping an eye on Ness, who was on our bed. He could very easily roll off but I couldn't really put him anywhere else.

I finished up with that and decided Ness could have a little snack. I went past the boys' room and asked if Lucas wanted anything. He answered by rushing out and following us.

I got out a package of fruit snacks for Lucas and got a yogurt out for Ness.

I fed Ness as Bobby walked in and opened a Pepsi.

"So," I started, "what do you all think?"

Ness was the first to reply, simply babbling a "Doo da dee dee" type thing.

Then Lucas answered, "I like it! We're gonna live here!"

I smiled at him and looked at Bobby expectantly.

"I think it's pretty nice. It'll be nice to get back on the road."

I smiled at him too and fed Ness another spoonful of yogurt.

Ness finished off half of it and Lucas was done with his fruit snacks. I looked at the clock. 2:00.

"You know what time it is..." I said.

"Noooo!" Lucas immediately reacted.

"Hey, you can play with Uncle Mark afterwards if you take a good nap." I compromised.

"C'mon, Lucas, Ness is gonna have to nap too." Bobby said and picked him up.

I grabbed Ness and followed Bobby to their room. I laid Ness in his crib and he didn't enjoy it too much. I grabbed his stuffed cow that he'd been emotionally attached to for the past month and he seemed to calm down some. I leaned over and kissed the top of his head. "I love you little guy." I whispered and went to Lucas.