Chapter 34

Felice:

Everything today was dull, completely and utterly dull. And what seemed to make it worse is it was a cloudy day.

Of course it was!

At this time life likes to be cliche and to add to your dull and saddening day, it decides to be all cloudy and rainy.

Today was probably the saddest day of my life!

"Come on its not that bad." Said Jack, interrupting me from my mourning

I shot him a venomous glare.

"Not bad? Not bad?!"  I hissed as slight tears pricked my eyes.

He rolled his eyes at me and I went back to my self-pitying and mourning.

With a huff the clown got up and went over to the cause of my mourning.

A cake....A burnt one at that.

"Its only slightly burnt, nothing a little icing won't fix." He drawled.

I huffed.

"No, look at it, its more than just burnt its falling apart!!!" I whined.

Normal people would mourn over something important.

Me?

I mourn over a cake I accidentally burnt.

Jack scoffed before looking at the cake before shrugging as he grabbed handfuls of it and began eating it with a hum. I stare at him as if he were a monster, which he was...

But still.

"What?" He questioned with a mouthful of cake.

"Your eating my cake." I deadpanned.

He snickered

"You were throwing a fit earlier saying you wanted nothing to do with it, burnt or not, cake is cake to me." He hummed.

I pout as I cross my arms, Jack snorting in amusement as he finished off the rest of the burnt cake.

"Yummy~" He purred as he shot me a smirk.

I roll my eyes.

"All of that work and it burns." I growl as I stood up and looked at the time.

"Oh goody its time for work." I say in mock cheer before letting out a curse.

A few days ago I applied for a job at a local restaurant to be a waitress, and I was quickly hired. After the first day I decided I hated the job, first off your having to run around from table to table taking orders of sometimes nice or just plain rude people, not counting the fact you had to carry the food to them, which could sometime spill on you and burn the merde out of you.

Why not just continue working at Martha's candy store?

Well since Martha was sick and confined to bed, the shop was closed down. And even though I did work there for awhile, I did not know how to make the candies. I only knew how to make pastries and such, not candy.

I had hoped Martha would have given me the recipes to make her delicious homemade candy, but no such luck.

"I'm going with you." Jack said, cutting me away from my thoughts.

I look over at him curiously as he gives me a look that reads what he just said was not a question.

"Why?" I question, I had managed to keep Jack from going with me on my first day yesterday, but it seems today I won't end up quite as lucky.